Ooops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windled

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
The Emerald
Vessel Make
Silverton 31C
As seen in the Toronto area. Too tight of a squeeze, causes some significant damage....
11902584_10155949710640331_4534290730963712962_n.jpg

11836835_10155949710660331_1643418167499996204_n.jpg

Dale.

Oops, indeed!

Horrible!

Attachments

• cringe.jpg
    cringe.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 403
Who was driving, Mark or Eric?

Probably Eric as he has a bias against flying bridges. Would you call that a bridge to bridge contact. Channel 13 I presume.

Ha Ha Ha ;)

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I'm not a fan of flying bridges (and don't have one), but I've never been to Toronto.

I guess he did not check the tides

I've always heard that it is a good idea to take off the flying bridge before doing a truck transport of a boat. But somehow I always thought it would be taken off a bit more gently .

Last edited:
Solution: let enough air out of the trailer tires to lower the boat enough get loose, then refill the tires after it's out and on the side of the road.

I've always heard that it is a good idea to take off the flying bridge before doing a truck transport of a boat. But somehow I always thought it would be taken off a bit more gently .

it was included.. i wonder if the contract stated how they were going to do it ?
Hollywood

it was included.. i wonder if the contract stated how they were going to do it ?
Hollywood

Um, let me see now. Paragraph 5(c): "Before transporting, the flying bridge will be removed by our highly trained technicians, using available equipment, and sent separately to the purchaser of our services by UPS. There may be several boxes."

Looks like the pilot truck in front has a height gauge. Hmmmm...

Solution: let enough air out of the trailer tires to lower the boat enough get loose, then refill the tires after it's out and on the side of the road.

My thought too.

"That stupid pole on our front bumper keeps banging on the overpasses, let's cut a couple of feet off'en it", "there, solved that problem"

Last edited:
Every good boater knows a "low bridge" tender must be reached for opening before going through - Duh!

Like my Grandfather used to say, "You can't fix stupid"

Back
Top Bottom