Dockage fees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$1500 for local property tax extortions , about the same for hurricane insurance (were paying into a "state fund" for past insurance stupidities.

$3000 a year about $300 a month for 300 ft of tieup space .

OR a buck a foot , weather there is a boat or 7.

House and storage and workshop are free.

AS is the Honney Doo work!
hmm.gif

$10.50 fer foot per month plus $30 per month for electric (30 amp) in Charleston, SC. That's $4,140 per year. That includes a $.50 per foot increase starting this year.

Two bathrooms, each with a shower, plus additional bathrooms in the office when it is open.

timjet wrote:

$8 per ft on an annual lease + electric in St Petersburg, FL at Loggerhead marina. Marina is new and has had a tough time getting renters due to economy. No sailboats due to a 17' bridge at entrance. Nice amenities such as a pool and nice landscaping. No security and located in a poorer section of town. Non the less I don't expect this price to last long.

Bugs and hurricanes are way over rated.

-- Edited by timjet on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:52:10 PM

Tim, you're not far from my parent's place down on Treasure Island! *They are very near Central and Gulf Blvd.- we regularly go down there. *Great place.

$4980 per year with 220v power (42' uncovered) - Gig Harbor Wa. And that is at a bit of a discount because we're in the first slip and at times the depth behind the boat is too shallow to get in and out.

There are cheeper slips in Port Orchard and Bremerton but I like seeing Mt. Ranier rather than the mercury vapor lights of the Puget Sound Naval Ship Yard. (No problem with Navy as I'm ex-Navy myself but I just hate the lights.)

We boated the last 4 years on Lake Lanier, GA. For a 42' cover slip with water included, gated marina with tennis courts (which we never used) we paid $495 a month. We now pay $383 a month for a 40' covered slip with gated dock and water included. Electric is billed directly by the local electric company. Pump outs free if I go over to the gas dock, $5 a pump out of they bring the mobile pump out to my slip and pump it out there. We have a nice view from our slip too as no docks past us on our side of the dock! *Couple of pictures of our view attached- my son is kayaking in one of them and pictures taken off the back of our trawler. *:)

Attachments

• img_0879.jpg
    img_0879.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 74
  • img_0915.jpg
    img_0915.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 69
In a protected harbor here in the Louisville area on the Ohio River we have 50' x 15' floating docks. $1,800.00 for the year includes water and pumpout dock in a gated marina. Electric is metered. We owned the slip so it's property taxes and $650.00 annual maintenance fee only.

this is so interesting!*

We are on the SF bay, in San Mateo.* We pay $310*a month ($3720/yr) for a 40' slip.* We could move to a 36' slip for less $ but we like our dock neighbors.* that includes water and electricity and there are bathrooms on the berm with showers.* We also belong to the yacht club but that doesn't provide us any amenities boating wise so I won't count that cost.* The club does have showers and free ice.*
wink.gif
* We also can use the launch ramp for free and since we have a trailer for our dink we use that a bit.

We also boat year around and jsut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*

Pineapple Girl wrote:

... We also boat year around and jsut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*
So Jennifer, how many restaurant meals did you consume there in Sausalito?* And your favorite?* Were you at a guest dock? and the cost?

Pineapple Girl wrote:....We also boat year around and just had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years....
So envious. Our boating season is so short. Being able to boat year round sounds like where I want to go when I go (except I will probably be sent somewhere else less pleasant)

markpierce wrote:

Pineapple Girl wrote:

... We also boat year around and jut had a fab four day weekend trip to Sausalito for New Years.*
So Jennifer, how many restaurant meals did you consume there in Sausalito?* And your favorite?* Were you at a guest dock? and the cost?
oh my gosh Mark it seemed like all we did was eat and drink.* We ate a lot on the boat, though.* We didn't try anywhere new, we had a lunch at Le Garage (at Schoonmakers) which is good, with fairly slow service.**You feel like you are realy in France!* We went by Fish but they were closed.* They food there is quite good but WAY overpriced, especially since you have to order at a counter!* At least they bring it to you.* Cash only.* We had a fairly awful dinner at the Sausalito Cruising Club.* $15/pp for a buffet.* Great bar though and lots of fun.** We had*brunch at the Sausalito Yacht Club.* Matt had the croissant fried egg BLT and LOVED it.* Our only other shore-side dining was a basket of fries at Paradise Restaurant.* We had to eat something to counteract all the booze we were drinking while watching the 49ers game.*

Aboard the boat we enjoyed crab cakes (store bought) with chipotle remoulade sauce and garlic and rosemary marinated flanksteak for new years eve dinner.* The remoulade made a great sandwich spread with the left over flank steak.* We had a few bacon and egg breakfasts and we made some of those Pillsbury cinnabon cinnamon rolls.* YUMMY!*

I highly recommend the Kirkland pre-made margaritas from Costco!* And our "boat drink" of pineapple girls, AKA Myer's sunset (recipe on the Myers bottle)

We paid $1/ft per night plus $3/night for electricity at Schoonmakers.* They squeezed us into a TINY slip.* I did not think it was going to be*wide enough but we were able to squeeze in.* They were full though so I guess it was better than being turned away.* In the better weather months they have a lot more guest dock space but they do not use some of the outside ties in the stormy winter months...

How's that for a thread*hi-jack!*

I'm paying just over $800 per month (includes taxes and 1st 100 KWH) for my spot.* It is a 60' space and more than I need, but we chose it before we had even looked at a boat.* When we first had the sudden brainstorm to get a boat last March the first thing I did was go online looking for moorage.* I found the vacancy on an interactive slip map and, as I had passed by the area many times on my father-in-laws commercial trawler coming out of Fisherman's Terminal, I knew it would be a great place to just sit and watch the boating world go by.* It's expensive but, compared to the local options, well worth it in our opinion.* We basically have a waterfront cabin with an active view, even if we don't untie the boat.

If there's a downside to being inside the locks, besides the money, it's the locks themselves.* I can single-hand the boat in most situations but not through the locks.* There are work-arounds, such as borrowing crew from another boat, but it does limit my week-day quickies to the lakes.* Time spent getting through the locks is another issue, but one I don't mind too much.* As the saying goes..."if you're on your boat, you're where you want to be."

The photos are screen grabs from Google Earth.* Very recent as that's Tonic arrowed.

Attachments

• moorageskyview1.jpg
    moorageskyview1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 72
  • moorageskyview2.jpg
    moorageskyview2.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 72
Pineapple Girl wrote:

oh my gosh Mark it seemed like all we did was eat and drink.* We ate ...
Sounds like most of the "cruises" Perla and I are looking forward to.* Starting this summer?

About $3200 a year for a 40' slip which includes fresh water but not electricity. According to a Port of Bellingham newsletter they are considering going to a fee based on the boat's area (length x width) rather than the length of the slip. Apparently more marinas in this area are changing to this method of determining moorage costs. We have yet to see how this change will affect our own moorage fee.

I'm not at liberty to divulge the price of my slip
wink.gif
(at least I don't think so), but it includes electric, wi-fi, and water and is exactly where we want to be for a while!

Gonzo just reminded me our marina has free wifi with a good signal as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom