Escape by dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucky bugger!

Good thing the Orca didn't know this trick used by their Antarctic cousins;

What blows me away about that video is, that 6 Orca are teaming up and acting in unison to produce an effect they cannot see...they can only 'foresee' the result!

Lucky bugger!

Good thing the Orca didn't know this trick used by their Antarctic cousins;

Yes, or it could have been bye-bye dinghy.
The local group recently saw a pod of Orcas training the calves how to trap a seal. They played cat and mouse with the seal for about half an hour, before actually killing it.

The Orca is an amazing creature.

Am I the only one who felt sad for the seal?

If you want to know how truly smart a orca is look at the video on YouTube of them hunting birds at sea world.
hollywood

Old story amongst Icebreaker helo pilots........

A Scua (large Antarctic sea gull like bird) landed on an Orca dorsal fin as it was just sitting still at the surface. The Orca ever so gently submerged till the bird had to take flight and hovered over the now gone perch spot. A second or two later, the Orca rocketed skyward and swallowed the scua in a gulp. Bright Orca...dumb Scua.

The other favorite is how penguins will line up and not go into the water for fear of Orcas...they will mill about waiting for the first brave one. If enough time goes by...a few will gang up and bump one or two off the ice edge and see if the victims are lucky enough to pop back up.

If you watch enough wildlife...it is hard to feel bad about anything in the food chain...it works better than the way we humans kill each other off.

...it is hard to feel bad about anything in the food chain...it works better than the way we humans kill each other off.

Yup.
My sad kicks in when an orca washes ashore with bullet holes or nets wrapped around them.

Says I, as I club a salmon and rip the legs offa crab.

Just think of how many jungle animals were saved by the dentist who took that savage of the jungle, Cecil! No doubt there will be many generations of gazelle, giraffes, rhinos. water buffalo and zebras affected by the lack of this jungle killer.

We need to foster pacifistic behavior in our fellow mammals. No more animalistic bullying!!

We need to foster pacifistic behavior in our fellow mammals. No more animalistic bullying!!

Since you are a beef-steak, shrimp, and fish eater, presume you're being sarcastic. :blush:

Enjoy your tonight's anchorage aside Decker Island!

That is really just natural. Nothing wasted in the animal world. Humans could learn much from Jeffery Dahmer.:eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom