Fresh Water Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Looks like we need a new FW pump. We have a Shurflo 2088-414-934, and it looks like it is discontinued. Shurflo's web site does not list a replacement, and I'm seeing conflicting info in my google search.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement pump? My plan is to install a new pump and then rebuild the old one for a spare.

Thanks!

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

"This product is now replaced with a new and better shurflo product #4148-153-E75. This new product will perform the same as the Shurflo 2088-414-934 Pump Part Number 2088-414-934 Aqua King Premium 4.045 PSI12 Volt DCfor FRESH Water"

Looks like we need a new FW pump. We have a Shurflo 2088-414-934, and it looks like it is discontinued. Shurflo's web site does not list a replacement, and I'm seeing conflicting info in my google search.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement pump? My plan is to install a new pump and then rebuild the old one for a spare.

Thanks!

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Mike: What he said.

SHURflo Aqua King II Fresh Water Pumps | 4.0 GPM | 5.0 GPM

"This product is now replaced with a new and better shurflo product #4148-153-E75. This new product will perform the same as the Shurflo 2088-414-934 Pump Part Number 2088-414-934 Aqua King Premium 4.045 PSI12 Volt DCfor FRESH Water"

Thanks Bill. It's on order. Should be here Tuesday.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

I was just looking at them the other day found these at hopkins

Search

I was thinking when I replace my water heater I will replace my pump and keep the old as a spare

Almost all the SF pumps use the same pump head.

My preference is to install a deck wash or fish box pump as FW pump..

Costs a bit more but the motor is far longer and built for cont. duty.

For a weekend boater perhaps it would not be worth the extra bucks , but a 365 liveaboard will require the longevity.

Mike, if you have an accumulator tank in your system, and you're installing a 4148 Shurflo, you can remove the tank. The 4148 has a bypass circuit that feeds excess water back to the inlet instead of into an accumulator tank. It can free up quite a bit of space.

Siesta, thanks for the plug. I think this is the link you were trying for
SHURflo Extreme Smart Sensor 4.0 Fresh Water Pump 12VDC 4901-0211 / New Mfg# 4148-153-E75

Mods, if that breaks the rules, please remove the link.

" The 4148 has a bypass circuit that feeds excess water back to the inlet instead of into an accumulator tank. It can free up quite a bit of space."

True but pumping water to a bypass still requires the energy to pump water you will never use .

24/7 noisemaker folks may find this OK , but folks on battery power may not enjoy sending their water for a ride.

Mike, if you have an accumulator tank in your system, and you're installing a 4148 Shurflo, you can remove the tank. The 4148 has a bypass circuit that feeds excess water back to the inlet instead of into an accumulator tank. It can free up quite a bit of space.

Siesta, thanks for the plug. I think this is the link you were trying for

SHURflo Extreme Smart Sensor 4.0 Fresh Water Pump 12VDC 4901-0211 / New Mfg# 4148-153-E75

Mods, if that breaks the rules, please remove the link.

Thanks for the info. I need to get into the habit of checking your site. That would have saved me a few bucks. ?

I was going to ask if I had to remove the accumulator or if I could leave it in, but I think FF answered that question for me.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Back
Top Bottom