Old 08-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #14
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
I have some heat shrink woven polyester tubing at the store that might be a good chafe guard for this application. I'm going to make new docklines soon and put it where the old lines are chafed. It's big enough to use on 3/4" rope and shrinks enough to use on 3/8" rope. Don't know if it's big enough to go over your splice. Email me your address and I'll send a couple of feet for you to try.
HopCar was kind enough to send me this shrink wrap. Parks, unfortunately, it was too small to fit over the line. So I thought I'd repurpose it as chafe protection for my bow lines where they run through my chocks. No luck there either. I can't get the line through it.

I recently bought some lighter 1/2 inch lines to make it easier to grab the initial dock cleat on arrival. I'll fit these lines with the shrink tubing as chafe protection. Thanks much for sending it to me!! What great customer service!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote