Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I bought I hot knife last night actually ... Good ol eBay!

Comes with three cutting tips which one is large and is for ropes which will be ideal for AXE too. Win win :)

View attachment 43113

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

To funny same one she got

she also bought a foam cutter that is great

Pamela says use a few different thicknesses for 5-10 minutes each

and you will see the stitches start to equalize

I'm starting to feel like I'm not a real man until I have a bitchin' sewing machine...

Haha yeh really blokes don't wear pink. They sew! Hahaha

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439389086.957572.jpg

To funny same one she got

she also bought a foam cutter that is great

Pamela says use a few different thicknesses for 5-10 minutes each

and you will see the stitches start to equalize

Haha ok good thing we live in different parts of the world or else y'all might start thinking I've been spying into your sewing room lol

Art if I don't start using mine pretty soon it may be for sale .

From what I read in some posts re the weight of this sewing monster... shipping cost may be a prob from TN to SF, CA :lol:

I've not had opp to look into prices... what's a +/- cost for the ones you guys have? Are you all working with same model?

Linda and I plan to delve into reviewing this brand soon in future, on the net; this weekend maybe.

Ok so I made a template, fitted it and cut out a hole in the desk. I've routered a 10mm round on the top edge. I am Going to epoxy to the exposed chipwood cut out and sand it and epoxy it again and so on till it is all smooth.

I Need to install a shelf at height so the machine is flush then she's good to go
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439470356.877776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439470471.123146.jpg

Ok so today I went down and worked on the transom. I removed the door I made. I've been thinking for a while that's it's going to be too heavy. With a listing boat and a 8-10kg door swinging around might cause some damage to herself and people on her so I removed it. Will put a 20mm thick one flush mounted on the outside instead.

I got home a painted the cut out in the table just for you Craig :)

Art - last couple of pics are yours mate. The gunnel has a sweep (bow) in it ... Yes on purpose, unlike the keel issue last year lol. Aft its 100mm and fwd is 300mm. I'm thinking I might go from 300mm and taper is aft to 200mm. I won't follow the sweep(bow) I'll just make it straight. I think that should look ok. What's your thoughts mate?

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625706.239352.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625833.165402.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625847.637269.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625860.350363.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625885.902780.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625903.287537.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625917.853322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625952.810064.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625930.358477.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439625952.810064.jpg

Matt – Thanks for picts! :thumb:

That appears a tight arsed gunnel for walking to be sure. Seems that really good hand rails will be needed all along the way. I can't clearly judge what sweeps, angles, or straight lines you should use. Have to leave those choices up to you. Although you provided picts I requested… any chance of a profile side pict of AXE; back a bit so transom and bow show their boat-side angles and sweeps. I know you have rain there and removing/replacing cover(s) might be big hassle, so no pressure from this end for profile pict. Also, even with a profile I may not be able to offer really constructive suggestions. There may be those in TF that can though.

Your project is taking shape in a most glorious fashion. Don’t look back me Matey - - > Full steam ahead!! :speed boat:

Cutting and sewing patterns is like working inside out, upside down, and backwards. It is mind bending.

Howdy. This afternoon I used the last of my 450 gsm glass tape on some of the transom joins. I also picked up my handrails for the helm.

Kinda happy with them. Need to do some work on the tags where they were welded. Not 100% happy with that area but really love the look of them as a whole.

Nice and sturdy grab rails.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802116.591151.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802129.071154.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802144.572886.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802159.024010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802175.491622.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802196.610271.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439802211.794819.jpg

I'd like to place an order for some new canvas, please. Also, that helm looks great.

Verrrry pretty! Nice touch with those dual flanking beer holders. Cool, racy looking steering wheel. Think it has ample circumference... for standing and/or seating steering comfort?

Verrrry pretty! Nice touch with those dual flanking beer holders. Cool, racy looking steering wheel. Think it has ample circumference... for standing and/or seating steering comfort?

Thanks Art. Yeh should be good and comfortable mate :)

Howdy. This afternoon I used the last of my 450 gsm glass tape on some of the transom joins. I also picked up my handrails for the helm.

Kinda happy with them. Need to do some work on the tags where they were welded. Not 100% happy with that area but really love the look of them as a whole.

Nice and sturdy grab rails.

View attachment 43223
View attachment 43224
View attachment 43225
View attachment 43226
View attachment 43227
View attachment 43228
View attachment 43229

Matt, that helm station is not just great it's elegant! What a great design.:thumb::thumb::thumb: Three thumbs up on that one.

Slightly off topic, but I just saw a picture of a huntsman spider the size of a £¥€%!^@ frisbee. After pooping my pants and throwing my laptop across the room, I decided that I will never go to Australia. Ever.

Carry on.

That is some work of art there on the Helm! Can't wait to see the hand carved helm chair to go with it.

The helm looks good, will look much better when surrounded by the boat. HaHa

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom