Mainship 390 fiberglass soft spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjhoman

Im looking at a Mainship 390 2003 . it has a soft spot in the fiberglass on the upper deck. They are going to repair it. Should i be concerned about other areas. Thanks in advance Steve

I agree. There are a bunch of Mainship 39's on the market. If there is one soft spot, there are more. Nice boat, keep looking.

where on the upper deck is the spot? any idea what was leaking?
John

I had an old 34 and did extensive repairs on the bridge. Mainship shipped the boats to the dealers with the flybridge, seats, etc removed.
The dealerships didn't caulk the screw properly ( or at all) when they reassembled the boats.
Many of the dealers were the same ones that sold the older models. So my bet is the bridge screws are leaking.

If otherwise a good deal... check yourself or have a surveyor or other check for more soft spots.

If one or two...and otherwise a good desl...certainly not show stoppers .

But keep others in mind if close in price...yet the may have hidden flaws you may not see for years...

I looked at a 390 with a soft spot on the fly deck. I looked like it was coming from the mounting of the mast

thanks bmckinnon, I'll keep an eye on mine. the mast is in the center and there is a pretty good curve to the deck so there's no way for standing water to gather near the base of the mast.
john MS390

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom