Any American Tug 41 owners out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanishladyg

Veteran Member
Hi all good day,
having researched many trawlers and waded through so many boat details we love the specs and pretty much everything about the American Tug 41. They seem to tick all my boxes if not all of the other halves.

So if there are any owners out there that may like to give me the "pros" and "cons" I will be very grateful.
Does anyone know if there is anything else close to this?

There seems to be only one thing I'm not keen on. thats the guest cabin bed is not a walk around bed. However, that will be for the occasional guest or my hubby when we have a fall out lol.

Looking forward to your replies.
Thank you

There seems to be only one thing I'm not keen on. thats the guest cabin bed is not a walk around bed. However, that will be for the occasional guest or my hubby when we have a fall out lol.

Looking forward to your replies.
Thank you

You do not want your guests to be that comfortable anyways!!!!:dance:

I was thinking it makes life easier

To make up the bed was easier if its a walk around rather than guest comfort. Hope they are not looking at this lol.

To make up the bed was easier if its a walk around rather than guest comfort. Hope they are not looking at this lol.

Hahaha....that is very true. It takes great skill at the "hop and stuff" method of getting a sheet onto a bed you cannot walk around!!!!

Have to do it now in the forward cabin. The idea of going to a "trawler" or the likes are to make life easier, well thats the general idea. I do realise that you can't have everything but the folks that design most boats never think it from a ladies point of view. Just how many men make beds, use the galley and do the laundry. Whoops shall I delete those comments to stop "the hornets nest" ?

Any ladies out there to comment? I don't think I have seen any at all.

Have to do it now in the forward cabin. The idea of going to a "trawler" or the likes are to make life easier, well thats the general idea. I do realise that you can't have everything but the folks that design most boats never think it from a ladies point of view. Just how many men make beds, use the galley and do the laundry. Whoops shall I delete those comments to stop "the hornets nest" ?

Any ladies out there to comment? I don't think I have seen any at all.

Wifey B: Lady here.....well, woman at least....the lady part is not for me to say.

It's a pain but the question is how often will you be doing it? Also, sounds like a two person job especially if the other person is taller and has longer arms. Of course his problem in cabins like that becomes ceiling height or lack of it.

Wow another female, so I'm not alone then!
Well the boat we are looking at has both cabins athwart ship, one is against a wall, and yes it won't be that often. However the hubby is no taller than me, both 5'3 ish. Suppose I could leave it to the guests lol.

Maybe I should post something else asking along the lines, "are there any ladies out there" to see the response?

Most fellas say the "spouse" makes the decisions about the galley, hmm I wonder!

By the way which boat do you have?

Wow another female, so I'm not alone then!
Well the boat we are looking at has both cabins athwart ship, one is against a wall, and yes it won't be that often. However the hubby is no taller than me, both 5'3 ish. Suppose I could leave it to the guests lol.

Maybe I should post something else asking along the lines, "are there any ladies out there" to see the response?

Most fellas say the "spouse" makes the decisions about the galley, hmm I wonder!

By the way which boat do you have?

Wifey B: Don't have a trawler....only boat we have that has a little of the problem you describe is a smallish open sports boat.

I think plenty of the dudes here though deal with galley and making beds and can relate to the issue. Lot's of mattress talk here.

I'm 5'9 and hubby much taller.

Not a lady, but I have noticed a lot of this. Any time you watch a video on youtube where they're touring a yacht. The guy goes over the pilothouse and engine room, and the little woman takes care of the cabins, galley and laundry type things. It's quite... old fashioned. I'd love to see it the other way around sometime. A filthy, greasy lady changing an oil cooler in the engine room, and a nice clean guy wearing a gingham apron, making scones in the galley. :lol:

I have plenty of opinions about what I'd like in a galley. Probably more so than what I'd like to see in an engine room, if I'm honest.

What I can say is the American Tug puts out an impressive radar return. Much larger than other boats of comparable size. We followed one down Fisher Channel/Fitzhugh Sound and the radar target for this vessel was quite impressive-larger than much bigger seine boats. It was pea-sized on the screen at the1.5 m range setting. I complimented the captain on his "return" and he said he didn't have any special radar reflector and that it must be the superstructure. So...you'll be visible to those with radar at night and in the fog.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom