Victory Tug wannabe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
Fishing Boat/Boat For Sale

Just saw this on Seattle CL. Looks like a Lord Nelson Victory tug that has some photo-shop business done.
First thought was the of the guy that runs off with the secretary and tells the wife to sell all his stuff.

I believe that IS a Victory Tug 37 (or possibly a 44) and the "rust" has been applied digitally, even to the radome.:)

God only knows what the "ad" is trying to accomplish..... Looking for a fool to take the bait, I suppose. My guess is the same fellow also has an uncle in Nairobi who is the third cousin of the deputy finance minister for Somalia who barely escaped an outlaw attack with $3.25 million in securities......

Attachments

• Victory Tug.jpg
    Victory Tug.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Sure looks good Marin.
One of the reasons is that it dosn't have a forest of railing.
Nice colors too ..... a bit like Willy.
I prefer the 42' trawle designed by the guy that did the 22' "Scooter". That boat is a much better design. Powered by a 4 cyl Deere.

I just noticed the photo of the engine--- a gas V-8. Earlier Victory Tugs used a BMW diesel, later ones have a Cummins.

Sure looks good Marin.
One of the reasons is that it dosn't have a forest of railing.
Nice colors too ...

:eek: Railings are practical and necessary.

I'm a fan of Dutch pilothouse doors, even more when located at deck level.

Last edited:
I just noticed the photo of the engine--- a gas V-8. Earlier Victory Tugs used a BMW diesel, later ones have a Cummins.

Are you still under the impression this is a "real" boat? And that is a picture of it's "real" motor?

Are you still under the impression this is a "real" boat? And that is a picture of it's "real" motor?

No. The photo he probably snagged off the web of the boat is obviously graphically "enhanced" using Photoshop or some other app. I just find it telling that the fellow doesn't even have a clue as to what kind of engine should go with his fake boat. It would be fascinating to find out just who he thinks his target "market" is.

Unless, of course, he's just having fun with this.

I just find it telling that the fellow doesn't even have a clue as to what kind of engine should go with his fake boat. It would be fascinating to find out just who he thinks his target "market" is.

I think his target market is people who think he "doesn't even have a clue"! ;)

I think his target market is people who think he "doesn't even have a clue"! ;)

I suspect he's just screwing around to see what suckers out there are dumb enough to bite. In other words, he's after the gullible "my cousin who's a finance minister with $3.5 million in bearer bonds he needs help cashing" crowd.

Hard to believe there are people in the world who are that stupid, but since these scams go on and on and on there must be enough twits out there to make it worth throwing the net.

He could even be a graphics guy who thought he'd have some fun. He and his co-workers at DesignPro Inc. are probably getting a big yuck out of it. They could even have an office pool going to see when the first dummy inquires about the "boat."

If this is actually the case I say good for them. It's always rewarding to see fools get well and truly scammed.:)

Looks like CL took down the add

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom