History of the IG 32s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnP

Guru
Vessel Name
V E N T U R E
Vessel Make
1996 36' Island Gypsy Classic
Hi,* Like to get some idea of how many 32s were built and the years they were made. We are the proud owners of "Adagio" hull #25* Built in 1983.* If anyone knows where I could research this please let me know.* It is interesting how the GB owners have so much information on their boats, and us K & H* folks have so little.* Would like to hear from other 32 owners, it would be interesting to put some kind of list together by Hull#******* John and Miri**** "Adagio"* IG32**** # 25

Hi Dan and Lori,** Can you tell me where the hull # is etched into the hull on Destiny? Our boats been painted at least once and the transom has a teak overlay and we have never found the full "Hin"* except in the paperwork.*** Curious* John and Miri.

IG 32***#25
Toms River* NJ

Hull #146. Also it might be interesting to know where each one was built as they evidently were built by various yards over the years. Ours was built at Dong Guan Juxing Shipyard, PRC.

Interesting read. I tried to find more info on the SOLO 43, but not much out there. Even though it seems several were built.

Further to the link provided by Walt, the last few paragraphs on this page cover also the Halvorsen's JV with Yardway Ltd in Hong Kong since 2000...

www.yardway.com.hk/marine/history/history.htm (site not updated in years)

And this website belongs to Maxi Marine which is the Yardway company that has more recently become the "brand owner and manufacturer of Island Gypsy Yachts"....

www.maxi.hk

3 of the 6 photos on the home page are of my own boat (plus one of me and my kids!)...

Heads up,In the february issue of Wooden Boat Magazine you will find an 8 page article on Halvorsen history. Goes back to 1947 and features the restoration of the Hanuka.

nomadwilly wrote:

Heads up,
In the february issue of Wooden Boat Magazine you will find an 8 page article on Halvorsen history. Goes back to 1947 and features the restoration of the Hanuka.

Was it by chance written by Shing Kong?* His father was the Kong in Kong and Halvorsen.

boogiediver wrote:

Further to the link provided by Walt, the last few paragraphs on this page cover also the Halvorsen's JV with Yardway Ltd in Hong Kong since 2000...

www.yardway.com.hk/marine/history/history.htm (site not updated in years)

And this website belongs to Maxi Marine which is the Yardway company that has more recently become the "brand owner and manufacturer of Island Gypsy Yachts"....

www.maxi.hk

3 of the 6 photos on the home page are of my own boat (plus one of me and my kids!)...

For sake of completeness, here's a third "official" Halvorsen/IG website... Mark Halvorsen's business in Australia:

www.halvorsenboatsales.com.au

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom