It's PIZZA PIGOUT time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
***I don't know why some of these photos don't show up. Can anyone help?***

Every year our yacht club has a fun day on the water called Pizza Pigout. One of the members owns a chain of pizza joints so on this fun day boats from our club form a wagon wheel. Pizza orders are taken and sent into the pizza stores and, while they’re cooking the pizzas we’re partying. Hard partying. When the pizzas were ready the stores delivered them to the club and they were ferried out to the boats in dinghies.
Our boat was the first one out there to drop the anchor then other boats formed up around us. By the time we were done, 58 boats were there and everyone was having fun. Instead of a full circle of boats as we’ve done in the past, this year we formed a horseshoe and had a band on a pontoon boat centered at the opening so everyone could hear the music. It could not have been a better day. Temps were in the high 80’s to low 90’s, there was just enough of a breeze to keep the air moving, zero clouds, darn near perfect!

Here’s a few photos of the day….
This was shortly after the first anchors were dropped and boats were showing up to join in. In the background you can see the ‘toon that the band was on.

img_357177_0_d73d7c5c46dceac1a04322052b8ce903.jpg

Here’s a shot from the shore of the horseshoe after most of the boats had arrived.

img_357177_1_15cfae791ccb589c29fba3111795a1f1.jpg

The rest of these are pics that I took as well as some that a friend of ours took. She borrowed my camera to take some of her own. The camera is a waterproof Olympus so I wasn’t concerned about it getting wet.
This is my daughter in law (the blond) and the friend who had borrowed the camera.

img_357177_2_cb73f42edcf1a67ada618d647985272f.jpg

img_357177_3_6186f053b44389359a680e967c149627.jpg

img_357177_4_aacce2b7431eade2f095ea2af6a8e8bf.jpg

Yup, those are my toes. I’m in a floatie just cruising around.
img_357177_5_d11b480bb8cecf25f674d5d371772abc.jpg

img_357177_6_766f8e01a61cb39dd86435d543ec3ef2.jpg

Some friends enjoying their pizza.

img_357177_7_21e94661e6b4bcd901276a7a72f7004e.jpg

img_357177_8_816ffe4a8ac0771ff9027dc57220d45f.jpg

That’s yours truly on the right, the friendly photographer on the left, and that’s her mom next to me. She doesn’t look that old!

img_357177_9_736d66f4c7ddf3dc4c63151ff8390c4c.jpg

That’s GW on the paddleboard with her glass of wine.

img_357177_10_88759b6918e7ae32ea499b4a20111b2a.jpg

Yes, the pizza was GREAT! Thanks Round Table!

img_357177_11_be5c9bca404b6336002fc58c84247fa5.jpg

img_357177_12_4f868569b7d138335080d0c516eb63c0.jpg

A nice shot of Beachcomber’s stern.

img_357177_13_040605463590ece0c7da33ed8c3a70b9.jpg

They don’t look like they’re having any fun, do they!

img_357177_14_f324307e68df24e8185a39c136442773.jpg

We pulled anchor around 8:30 and were one of the last boats to leave. Needless to say, a good time and good pizza was enjoyed by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, oftentimes adding that many photos to a post via a third party link such as photobucket causes that issue. It is a "speed of page load related sorta thing" put into the most technical of terms. If they where instead all loaded to the forum first then they'd all load as you wished them to.

We have a couple members completely fluent in geek that can explain it properly but that's the best I've got :blush:

Looks like yummy pizza! Like pepperoni and olive, and mushroom, and garlic. Gotta try some onion too! But gotta have the pizza hot.

Last edited:
And there are people on this forum who ask, why would anyone want to raft-up? Our club has four raft-ups a year and we make every one.

And there are people on this forum who ask, why would anyone want to raft-up? Our club has four raft-ups a year and we make every one.

Perhaps strong tidal current changes, human noises, the sound of fenders rubbing against hulls, or even worse?

Mike, I managed to add one or two more photos but I think I maxed it out. You could add another post with the remainder if you wanted.
Cheers

Mike,

I cleaned up the links. From what I saw, the problem was that Photobucket was giving you "IMG" links that started with which may be causing the error. A..._1_040605463590ece0c7da33ed8c3a70b9.jpg[/IMG]

Do the four boats on the "corners" hold the position of the boats in place?

Gee Eric. I guess great minds think alike...

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Thanks all for the tips on how to get the pics to show up. When I copied the links from PB what I got started with the "http:......" and ended with the ".jpg". I added the
at the ends then pasted the link in the middle, then removed the spaces at each end. I guess I'll just have to go out on the boat again and have some more fun and post lots of pics of it to make sure I have it down. Oh darn!

Eric, We had three fairly large boats set their anchors at the 12 o'clock position, 2:00 position and 10:00 position. Then, as other boats came in many dropped anchors and backed into position. As we filled in the holes between the boats we pulled the sterns together using dock lines, and kept doing that until we had all the sterns together and the "horseshoe" formed.

Of the 58 or so boats that were there, probably 30 had anchors out. We were expecting some winds in the 15-18mph range but they never got that high. I think the strongest breezes were probably 10mph. Fortunately everyone's anchor held tight and there was very little movement of the formation.

"Perhaps strong tidal current changes, human noises, the sound of fenders rubbing against hulls, or even worse?"

Mark, in this area there is no current. It's a fairly large bay that is just off the Columbia. The only human noises were laughter and there was a LOT of that. OH, and singing along with some of the tunes like "Red Solo Cup" and "The Pontoon Song" and several others. The music was great all afternoon.

Now I guess I should answer the question before it gets asked--> I have a strict policy of not moving the boat if I have been drinking. With the thought in mind that I would have to move back to the slip at the end of the day, I had a few beers before 2:00 or so, but then switched to water after that. After almost 7 hours of flushing my system many times (that's why I spent a lot of time in the water) I was probably 100% sober by the time I fired up the engines.

So let's not get into a discussion of how long it takes the body to work intoxicants through to a point where they don't have any affect on one's ability to function normally, OK? If I had ANY inkling that I was not sober I would have spent the night out there at anchor.

Mike-that gathering brings up a great new business idea, your pizza friend might want to consider it. As some may know, Jeff Bezos, the Amazon CEO, wants to begin delivery by drone. You can order something, and have it in 30 minutes via drone. Well, what about a "Pizza Drone", specifically for cruisers? Sometimes what I miss most on the boat is a good gooey pizza. Drones could deliver almost anywhere. Turn on your AIS and the drone could home in on you. Coming soon to an anchorage near you!

That might work. A few years ago there was a 'toon that cruised the river selling hot dogs, burgers and cold drinks (no booze though). It was out on the big weekends but then I never saw it or heard of it again.

A pizza drone could work. Most boats don't have AIS so you'd have to give a good description of your boat and your location when you placed your order, then wait there for the pizza.

Hmmmmmm. you got me thinking.

Mike-that gathering brings up a great new business idea, your pizza friend might want to consider it. As some may know, Jeff Bezos, the Amazon CEO, wants to begin delivery by drone. You can order something, and have it in 30 minutes via drone. Well, what about a "Pizza Drone", specifically for cruisers? Sometimes what I miss most on the boat is a good gooey pizza. Drones could deliver almost anywhere. Turn on your AIS and the drone could home in on you. Coming soon to an anchorage near you!

I promise that when I become a billionaire with this idea I won't forget you. I won't acknowledge you either, but thats a different story. ha, just kidding. That would actually be cool. sitting in an isolated anchorage, and here comes a six pack and a few slices. Too bad the drone may get shot down on its way back. I can see it now....PUUULLL...Bang

No Mast-I don't need the recognition-I will rest comfortably knowing I was responsible for pizza and beer being delivered to deserving cruisers. After all, how many here have said they do not want to leave the comforts of home at home when they cruise. But, I hope the shootdowns all happen after delivery, not before.

Mike, I have never had a problem loading from PhotoBucket. I just click on the button in PB to copy, and paste it in the address line of the TF image icon. That puts img before and after the copied link.

Don, that's the way I was doing it. I would click on the top line at PB to get the link then past that into the TF image icon. Maybe I just overloaded the thread.

As I said earlier I'm just going to have to spend more time on the boat and take more pics. Dang. We're headed to Seattle with our Whaler next month for 3 days around Lake Union, Lake Washington & the ship canal. I'll be sure to take lots of pics on that trip. On the way back we're spending a couple of nights at Mt. Rainier. No boating there, just taking a peek at that little hill again. It's been many years since I've been up there.

Back
Top Bottom