Aussie Travellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tidahapah

Guru
Vessel Name
Flora
Vessel Make
Timber southern cray boat
Well it looks like Peter B is on his way home from the UK and I am on my way over to France for 3 weeks.

Rebel is in France at the moment I think, canal cruising, lucky bugger.

Should all be at home cruising but with the strong dollar it makes it all a little easier.

I will be on the net whilst I am away so will stay in touch.

Rebel is back from France after 4 weeks on a canal boat from Rogny to Auxerre then back to Briare and over the loire river on a viaduct. What fun!! what a life style this is. I think I could stand this. Baguette cheese pate and a glass or three of rose for lunch and the a great meal of duck or veal for dinner with a glass or three of good red. What more could a bloke need. But back to reality and back to the boat at the end of July.

Lets know what everyone else is doing.

Rebel

Well I was doing pretty much the same thing Rebel, but not for as long, on the Warwickshire Ring and Grand Union canal in the UK. Yes, there's something compulsorily relaxing about being only able to travel at 4 mph max, isn't there...?

We didn't encounter a viaduct, but did a lot of locks and a mile and a half tunnel in stygian darkness is a 'different' and weird thing to do, compared to our usual boating experience.* Glad we did it though.

Attachments

• image034.jpg
    image034.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 119
  • image029.jpg
    image029.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image021.jpg
    image021.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 121
We have had a week in Paris and then picked up a car and drove south to a ceoilic friendly Chateau for a week (Villars near Limoges) Having a really great time and terrific for the Boss as she does not have to worry too much about the food ingrediants. A few more days here and then up to the Champagne area for another week before flying home.
All is good with the world, fine food, fine food and good company.
Life is too short to drink poor wine.

Back
Top Bottom