Dockage fees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fotoman

Guru
Reading Marine Trader's post on costs, I was surprised to see how expensive dockage can be in Florida! I'm curious to know how much you are paying in dockage fees on a yearly basis.

Here in Montreal I pay $1,900 for a season (about 4 months) + $800 for winter storage on the hard. So about $2,700 a year.

Here in North Carolina we pay about the same total cost ($2,500 yearly + Electricity*for 34')*but we are in the water all year round and you can use the boat even in the winter.* We were out for 3 days over New Years.

3600 a year for a 40ft slip in the Galveston Bay area...there are cheaper and there are more expensive....so I guess this would be about average.

About the same here in my area of the Chesapeake - about $2,400 - $2,600 for the year.* I get about 8 months in the water, 4 months on the hard in the back lot.* Lift fees are extra.

We paid $3,200 last year for our forty foot slip in Bellingham, WA. We are anticipating a big increase this year.

Things are softening up in many parts of Florida with the exeption of the Keys. In Ft. Myers I paid $16.00 per ft per year plus tax ($8,709) and electric. Livaboards paid an extra $100.00. This was a nice place with floating docks and good RR's. The second tier marinas will probably bargain.

-- Edited by Doc on Monday 3rd of January 2011 12:26:34 PM

-- Edited by Doc on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 09:54:49 AM

Wow! You guys have it great! How about $8,400/year ($700+/mo) for a 35' slip in San Diego? (That includes power of course and is a non live a board.)

SeaHorse II wrote:

Wow! You guys have it great! How about $8,400/year ($700+/mo) for a 35' slip in San Diego? (That includes power of course and is a non live a board.)
$700.00 plus electric*is about right for a first class marina in Florida or around South Carolina.* I pay $1100.00 per month to be lifted out and stored inside a building when not aboard.* This saves on diver expense, bottom painting, haulouts, and gives piece of mind.* I live about 10-11 hours drive from the boat.* It is protected from the ravages of nature, and ready when I am.* Great marina with excellent service.* It is a great location for cruising or fishing.

http://gasparillamarina.com/

$2700/year, covered slip for boat, covered parking next to boat. Includes water and power.

No marina here, which I suppose is good and bad. We pay $150/yr for a town mooring fee (we own the mooring) plus about $750/yr in yacht club dues and fee to keep a dinghy at the float (water at the YC float, steward to assist with docking, gear carrying and dinghy bailing and parking is included in membership) and about $100 for an annual mooring ground tackle inspection.

-- Edited by dwhatty on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:32:42 AM

Uh Oh!**** ...You guys aren't going to like this but maybe you'll just be happy for me. Mind you this isn't fancy moorage but I don't need to worry about my foot ripp'in through the decking on the floats and we pay for power separately (.22 a KWA) and we have fresh water outlets 15 or so feet from the boat. Guys ride around on the floats on quads and Nobody seems to care about wakes, dogs, dog stuff and other stuff I think they should care about but the annual fee makes up for all that. $562.00. In some ways this is a very inexpensive place to live. Covered moorage is unobtainium.

For less than $600/year you can dock in*Wrangell AK. Prices are low in AK because of excellent State support.**The new docks in Wrangell are very nice - in act the best I've seen anywhere.* Around Vancouver and Victoria the higher end places are about the same as SoCal $10 -*15 per foot per month.

-- Edited by sunchaser on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:43:36 AM

I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. We currently pay $4,200 per year for a 45 foot slip. The price includes water and power.

Ray

$78 per ft = $3,354 for summer + $1200 for winter

this does not include electric.

expensive

42' Slip x* 14'wide.* Electric and water included. 12 month heated bathrooms.* In a gated private condo.* I pay XXXX. per year from longtime friend.

Toms River* New Jersey.

-- Edited by JohnP on Thursday 27th of January 2011 04:14:39 PM

Mystic, Ct. $4400 for the 14 ft wide summer slip includes utilities and cable (but I don't have a TV aboard
confuse.gif
). Free wifi now too.

Winter storage would be $1600 at the summer marina but I store up the CT river and pay $760.

sunchaser wrote:Prices are low in AK because of excellent State support.**
Hmmmm, sort of like Canadian healthcare. How come they don't call that "welfare boating?"

60 ft uncovered in Alameda, Ca ( SF Bay Area) $6500 annually plus power

38 ft covered slip nice marina near Stockton $4200 plus power anyone looking for a 36ft Gibson in the CA Delta area, paying for 2 slips is no fun.

Ray where are you paying $4200 annually in the bay area ?

Sssshhh.* I'm planning on berthing there and don't want more competition for the available berths.

$5.00 per foot, electric is extra. Fixed pier, gated community.

Right about $1300 for the year includes Yacht Club dues, moorage, electric (separate meters) etc. I own my own boathouse. Pt. Orchard, WA, 30 year member on June 1, 2011

Ken

Dswizzler,

We're in Vallejo. No need to worry, Mark, the marina is only half full!

Ray

We have deeded slips, running ~ $1000/foot to buy, plus annual maintenance, incl. electricity for ~$17/foot.* Floating docks with full length piers on both sides of each slip - good for us old folk getting on and off!

Near Washington NC , on Pamlico River. Most slips are owned by community residents but living here is not a rqmt. Not a lot of water for sailboats - 5' is about the max draft.

-- Edited by ARoss on Monday 3rd of January 2011 08:34:44 PM

Hey Al,
That is a beautiful area. I graduated High School in Belhaven.

Central Florida, nice City Marina although limited facilities $7,500 includes 45' slip 220v, cable and water. Liveaboard would run about $10k. Nice weather, free.

-- Edited by Avista on Monday 3rd of January 2011 09:20:21 PM

Nice weather? If you like bugs, hurricanes and humidity 8 months out of the year. My favorite time in Fl is January - April, when the above 3*"issues" are gone/diminished.

$8 per ft on an annual lease + electric in St Petersburg, FL at Loggerhead marina. Marina is new and has had a tough time getting renters due to economy. No sailboats due to a 17' bridge at entrance. Nice amenities such as a pool and nice landscaping. No security and located in a poorer section of town. Non the less I don't expect this price to last long.

Bugs and hurricanes are way over rated.

-- Edited by timjet on Monday 3rd of January 2011 11:52:10 PM

Giggitoni wrote:

Dswizzler,

We're in Vallejo. No need to worry, Mark, the marina is only half full!

Ray
Ray, Vallejo has high murder and property crime rates.* So, how effective*are any*security and vigilance of liveaboards at the Vallejo Municipal Marina on the piers and parking lots, especially overnight?***

Mark,

We've kept our GB42 here for 2 1/2 years. We have never heard of any property damage or theft at the marina or in the parking lots. The marina is key entry only. I like having about 10% liveaboards. They are good people and keep an eye on things, I'm sure. The City of Vallejo has provided a nice walking area along the length of the marina so the traffic is a deterrent for theft and vandalism. Security patrols the marina and facilities during the night. However, like everyplace I go, I always keep my eyes open with one facing aft!

Ray

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 12:16:51 AM

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 12:18:55 AM

Montuak, NY

135 a foot for the summer.

35 for the winter storage.

So for a 44' vessel, that is.......

that's almost $7500 a year and they charge extra to use the freezer, for cable and for electric.

All work has to be done by marina or they get a surcharge from vendors/workers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom