New Anchor for Eric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Was working on the trawler in the boat yard today. On the way to the store I saw this for the first time and had to grab a ladder for a couple of pics. I guess this is a stainless steel kedging Danforth. Immediately thought of Eric. :flowers:

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

Ted

Was working on the trawler in the boat yard today. On the way to the store I saw this for the first time and had to grab a ladder for a couple of pics. I guess this is a stainless steel kedging Danforth. Immediately thought of Eric. :flowers:

View attachment 43062

View attachment 43063

Ted

cool.. the Swiss army knife of anchors!

even has the dudes name welded into it so it can be returned if lost...

looks like it could also double as a grappling hook

HOLLYWOOD

Nah....that's a Toyoda mate...not stainless either...

I think you are going to need a bigger windlass to lift the Toyota stuck on the Danforth.

Old Deck,
Hate to disappoint you but this one needs a spot in a landfill.

Ever noticed how skinny the shanks on Danforth anchors are? They need to be such or they won't penetrate the bottom. This thing probably has a tube for shank or it would be crazy heavy. The shank between the Danforth junction and the Kedge junction would have to penetrate the bottom for the Danforth part to do any good methinks. And that shank ain't no knife.

Having said that the darned thing may actuator work in soft mud. It looks like the "designer" of this pretentious anchor probably thought a marriage of a Kedge (good in rocks) and Danforth (good on/in very soft bottoms) would be a "can do all things" anchor.

Interestingly that bend in the Danforth fluke has such a smooth, fair and even bend. The big shank may be quite strong though. Get a shank short enough though and strength comes naturally but this is anything but short.

We've been w/o power after a wind storm for three days. There's a new boat on our float w a Danforth almost as strange as this one .. if it can be called that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom