Hello from Dallas (yes tx)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stewart930

Well I have been lurking here a few weeks now and thought I would into myself. I am in no way interested in a trawler they are well just to “slow” for me lol but I do like the space and the live aboard idea of them.

I have found my way here after looking for things about the grate loop something I am planning on doing in the next 5-7 years (As a single dad I have to wait for my boys to get out of school) After that the plan is to live on the water for a few years as well.

Boating experience: I grew up (10 yr old and up) at a lake town south of Ft Worth with a father that was a game warden that had to cover the entire county alone. So the older I got the more he used me a as “free labor” to work the lines and as I got older drive boats and just help with whatever needed. I have been to countless boater safety classes and other things that a game warden would do (as you can guess)

The Boats: (ya everyone wants to know what you run lol)
I have a 16Ft aluminum flat bottom with a 90 Yamaha (the fishing boat) a 18 ft Chaparral bowrider that is the “fun boat” and the newest is a 30ft Donzi express curser that I have had for 6 months and have been on 3 times due to a week after putting in the water for the summer the lake flooded and is still 9ft + over its banks and can not get to it!

The though right now is take the Donzi on the loop, but I have not spent enough time on it to see if I can do it on it or not yet (as comfortable as I would like) but I have 3 or 4 yrs to think about it before I start the build up for the trip.

Looking forward to reading all about everyone adventures

Chris Stewart
Dallas TX

Welcome Chris! We lived in Dallas (Preston Hollow) 1991-99 and again 2003-2007. Boated via rentals and friends on Grapevine, Lewisville, Lavon and Texoma, and down on The Gulf out of Port Aransas mostly. In 2007 we bought the Hatteras and went cruising, much like you contemplate. I was just back there on Friday for the day, Las Colinas.

Whereabouts in DFW are you and where do you keep the Donzi?

My house is in Red Oak and the Donzi is on Joe Pool. I also have a "cabin" in Granbury (where i am from) and thats where the other two boats.

Granbury is a nice town. I've put in quite a few laps at Motorsports Ranch in a former life.

Welcome aboard

Welcome. I was born and grew up in Dallas. We spent countless weekends on Grapevine, Whitney and Texoma. My parents retired to Granbury, and we spent lots of time there. Great memories.

Welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom