Lord Nelson Tugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marin, you have a typo in the above post. I'll give you a hint; it's punctuation.

Yeah, I know. I was writing fast with one finger on the iPad's sorry-ass excuse for a keyboard. I turned off the truly annoying "Predictive" function some time ago so at least I'm no longer fighting the thing dropping in its own words willy-nilly. I turned off the auto-correct at the same time but I think I'll turn it back on again as it can be useful.

Marin wrote;
"I turned off the truly annoying "Predictive" function some time ago so" ...
Great .... Now that I know it exists I'll look for it. My big i-mac crashed so I'm stuck w the stupid pad now. Thank you Marin.

Marin wrote;
"I turned off the truly annoying "Predictive" function some time ago so" ...
Great .... Now that I know it exists I'll look for it. My big i-mac crashed so I'm stuck w the stupid pad now. Thank you Marin.

Eric-- It's in Settings. General, Keyboard, Predictive.

"Apparently the hatchs in the house and roof top line up so to make removal easy.
This it seems was a design requirement at the time they were conceived"

Truer words were never written , but if NA could be trained we would not be stuck with "Pretty" but pretty hard to maintain as we are now.

The failure is on the initial purchaser who frequently is blinded by varnished dead trees below and never questions the rest of the vessel..

To me the nicest part of the Tuggy style is the round rear , so the boat could be turned tug style by backing against a piling.

Of course that use would be rare , so I would much prefer a pickup style transom that cam be unlocked and lowered to almost water level to operate as a stern platform.

We are currently in Anacortes on a club cruise to the arts festival. One of the eight 48' 10" Victory Tugs is a few slips down from us. Given that they are only 12' longer than the 37' VT, they are massive in appearance compared to the smaller version. It even has a steering station on top of the pilothouse roof.

Nice looking boat although we prefer the 37' VT.

Last edited:
.....so I would much prefer a pickup style transom that cam be unlocked and lowered to almost water level to operate as a stern platform.

Practical and could even be romantic, but not very attractive. Here's such a transom on a 42' Krogen Silhouette. The stateroom is aft, right there behind the sliding doors. Great for dates but at a cost to other features.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 135
Lord Nelson Victory Tug 41

Does anyone know what became of the "missing" LNVT 41 hulls and/or the hull mold? I have found a another 41 tug with a hull that looks identical to the LNVT 41 but very different superstructure. Date built is given as 1992 which is during the build years quoted for the LNVT 41. Builder is also quoted as South Coast Marine. This tug design appears to be for the Japanese market and seems to be still sold by Creation Marine Co Ltd. What do you think?

The LNVT (did you know a significant amount of BC coastal features were named after His Lordship? Nelson Island, one easy giveaway) is a very distinctive and eye-catching boat but if you are a dog-owner or need to access a dinghy a lot, the LNVT a would be a huge pita.

And the engine room sucks.

First things first. Anyone familiar with these tugs? If so what do you think of them and what is thier reputation liike? Learning all I can so we can make the correct choice of vessle for our needs. I will post more questions that i have about tugs and such next but for now here is a link to one of the tugs i have been checking out.
Thank You
Jim

Lord Nelson Victory Tug 37 boat for sale in La Conner - On Trawler Row United States - Ref: 78613 - YachtWorld.com Mobile

I have spent several days on three separate occasions on the #9 "Tugboat Annie" delivering for the original owner who has since passed. The boat is a classic design obviously, prior to stabilizers she would roll pretty good in a 3-4' sea, the stabilizers stopped that. Ample room and the BMW engine was great, only has a single pulley belt which broke in the middle of Lake Huron in a 3-4' sea and that was a bit of work to repair under the sea conditions. Inside salon is exceptional and she turns heads wherever she goes, great lines all around.

Back
Top Bottom