TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, after I told them that the group will be "Moonstruck's Geezers Gone Wild", they said they would need time to have back ground checks run by the FPPD.

Uh....Ya know, we Gulf Coast guys are a rough and rowdy bunch. We'll be bringing our guys from Tarpon Springs and Cortez, and wearing our TF Chapter colors. I don't know if they're gonna like that.

Attachments

• Power Thug colors 1.jpg
    Power Thug colors 1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 89
How about arrive Monday and leave Friday. Think avoiding the weekend there will mean less people when going out to eat.

Ted

I think this is more like the Florida West Coast TF Chapter.

OMG.....I'm bunchin up phlegm here, Don. You got me pegged!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

How about arrive Monday and leave Friday. Think avoiding the weekend there will mean less people when going out to eat.

Ted

Ted, that's fine with me. Let's see how many guys could only make it on the weekends. In the mean time I will get the short bus serviced.

I'm in, if not at work. Love to see the voices behind the posts. So far we have met 4 TF'ers (Jacksonville/Palm Coast contingent) and have come to be good friends.

I'm in, if not at work. Love to see the voices behind the posts. So far we have met 4 TF'ers (Jacksonville/Palm Coast contingent) and have come to be good friends.

Your 3 ahead of me

Either way works for us.

Ted, that's fine with me. Let's see how many guys could only make it on the weekends. In the mean time I will get the short bus serviced.

I'm fine with doing it over a weekend. Come Friday leave Monday would work for me.

Ted

Weekdays works fine for us. Weekends work as well. Probably going the land/hotel route unless we put togethter a southern trip on the boat.

We can go either schedule and we'll be hoteling it as the boat will be sleeping in Michigan.

Let me raise the "A" word.
We're you thinking the Admirals of the fleet would be attending?

If it works out a weekend would be better still working tow ards retirement but this would be our first time meeting you all!

So when are the boat shows down there. Seems like they were around this time. Since we are up in the panhandle it would be nice to be able to pick up one of the shows on the front or back end of the get together. I know you dont want to schedule it at the same time but if it were close in time it would be great, if that works for all.

So when are the boat shows down there. Seems like they were around this time. Since we are up in the panhandle it would be nice to be able to pick up one of the shows on the front or back end of the get together. I know you dont want to schedule it at the same time but if it were close in time it would be great, if that works for all.

;;;;;
Don, the boat show runs February 11 through 15 th.

"Never crossed the lake in Feb are the mosquitoes any better?

I heard in winter they dont die they multiply"

NOPE! After the first freeze , or simply hard cold weather , the small flying bugs are gone till it warms up again , mid April to early May.

Inland at sunset there might be a few , but not many.

At our spot in Ortona the snowbirds can be ID'ed by the lack of porch screens , the all years by the mosquito barricades on the porch.

We're getting serious now

As Alan said, the Miami Boat Show is Feb. 11-15. I suggest we do the gathering on either side of those dates for members going to the show. I talked with the dock master here again. He says he can accommodate us if we can get our reservations in.

So, here again post the dates you favor. We will pick the dates that accommodate the most members.

Parks had better bring some really good boat show specials because we are accommodating him.

Please check the electrical systems on the boats coming. The new power pedestals will not give power if it detects a ground fault on your boat. The dock master emphasized this, as it has surprised many people.

As I have a business meeting the 2nd Monday of February, I prefer after the show. However, I will work around that if the majority want before the show.

Here is a link to the marina website The Sunrise City-Fort Pierce City Marina -
Be sure to tell them that you are with the trawler group.

I am looking forward to it. So, speak now your preference.

"Please check the electrical systems on the boats coming. The new power pedestals will not give power if it detects a ground fault on your boat. The dock master emphasized this, as it has surprised many people."

a bit of thread drift. How do you check? I tryed to search without luck...

Can adjust to either,however, prefer after the show.

"Please check the electrical systems on the boats coming. The new power pedestals will not give power if it detects a ground fault on your boat. The dock master emphasized this, as it has surprised many people."

a bit of thread drift. How do you check? I tryed to search without luck...

Most of the circuits on your boat are probably already ground fault protected. You can test them by pushing the test button on the first outlet in the circuit or on the GFI breaker if you have one in the panel. A galvanic isolator would be good to have. You will be asked to turn your AC circuit breakers on one at a time to isolate the problem. I suppose you could leave that circuit off if it is a problem. Other than that an electrician could check it out for you.

After the show for me. In the week or two leading up to the show I'll be pretty busy.
Please come visit me at the show!

After the show works better for me.

It looks as if after the show may be the most favored. For those coming into the marina during the show, I will see about having DON'S SHORT BUS TOURS operating. We could do a day trip to the show. Also, I could run some up to Marine Connection. For those that have never been there it could be a fascinating place.

The marina is expecting a lot of Snowbirds for the season, but Dean says he can work us in with good notice. Remember to tell them you will be with the trawler group.

Here are a couple of more links. The theatre and Black Box theater are within walking distance from the marina. Jazz is at the Black Box on Tuesday nights. Sunrise Theater has some really great live shows. Check their play bill.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...xJCkNvlU2o6MrK2mGMY20A&bvm=bv.103073922,d.dmo

http://www.jazzsociety.org/

Saturday mornings is the Farmers Market right next to the marina. There is also a Jazz market right next to it.

There is another Farmers Market on Wednesday afternoon.

2 restaurants are on the premises. The Tiki Hut and Cobb's Landing. There are also other restaurants within walking distance.

Ya'll come!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom