liquor into BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We report via phone with our Nexus passes. I go out of my way to be at or under the limit. I don't want to detour a couple of hours for alcohol.

Good call ... same here.

FWIW ... one is suppose to be "clean" w/o any extras to declare when crossing the border under NEXUS privilege. Anything extra or complicated, use regular entry point/method and keep the NEXUS card in your wallet.

Last edited:
Richard ...again things change that is no longer the case with Nexus. Just make your declaration as you would normally now.

Its a bit of a side track, but related.... We entered canada at Prince Ruper the other day, and the normally painless process was very drawn out. Aside from the fact that they couldn't figure out where I was even though I was at their dock calling on their dedicated phone..... I was grilled extensively about foods on board. My usual "ships stores" answer went nowhere. With avian flue on the uprise, apparently there are strict rules on bringing in any poultry products that are not canadian sources. I had eggs on board ( I had to go back to the boat, get all the eggs, and bring them to the phone with me and read off where they were from). He finally agreed to let me in provided I agreed to quarantine the eggs on the boat, including any shells, and only dispose of them once back in the US.

Its a bit of a side track, but related.... We entered canada at Prince Ruper the other day, and the normally painless process was very drawn out. Aside from the fact that they couldn't figure out where I was even though I was at their dock calling on their dedicated phone..... I was grilled extensively about foods on board. My usual "ships stores" answer went nowhere. With avian flue on the uprise, apparently there are strict rules on bringing in any poultry products that are not canadian sources. I had eggs on board ( I had to go back to the boat, get all the eggs, and bring them to the phone with me and read off where they were from). He finally agreed to let me in provided I agreed to quarantine the eggs on the boat, including any shells, and only dispose of them once back in the US.

What did he think you were going to do with your eggs. Give them to the natives. On the opposite side we've seen CPB confiscate someone's roast beef sandwich. I hoped he had money for another lunch.

See what I can find ...

TIA ... we would like to read the official wording before changing our approach.

Sometime even the official CBSA rules are up to the individual officer's (mis?) interpretation. What can you do at the border, argue with a man/woman in charge? Like it happened recently to us bringing two approved plants from an approved US state into Canada. Nope ... we were told that no US dirt can cross the Canadian border. Do not ask how but at 3 am we turned around after an hour of delay already to dispose the US dirt on the US soil somehow. Once back after one more hour, we were declared clean and cleared the border ... it was fun!

Last edited:
There is probably no duty on a bottle of wine of that value, just a mandatory pour-out!
:D
Don`t tip it out, it might clean the heat exchanger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom