Cat Lovers Corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPseudonym

Moderator Emeritus
We have a boat dog thread bouncing around back here somewhere, so thought why not a cat thread.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438459170.386427.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438459188.118651.jpg

Introducing Miss Muffet. She is about 3 weeks old now.

Some of you know the wife and I used to be involved in animal rescue in a big way. We officially retired from that but our sons girlfriend found a box of 5 kittens in the sun at a gas station. We went to work on the two week old kittens immediately and despite our best efforts lost the four males.

Miss Muffet almost passed a couple times but one week along it looks like she will pull through. Much like our dog Pearl it looks as though this little foundling hit the pet lottery and gets to live a pampered life after a rough start.

Beautiful kitten.
What kind is it?

Looks a little bit like a Persian or a rag-a-muffin.

Beachcomber is a "Pet Hair Free Zone" so no pets allowed on board. We have three cats and enjoy all of them. One was mine before we got married, one was my daughter's cat and she couldn't take it with her when she moved out and the third one adopted us because of better chow. Go figure.

Here's our cat, named Deck Kitty - not because he likes the deck of the boat, but because he showed up under the deck of our house when he was small enough to fit in a teacup. The first winter he lived in a heated dog house on the deck, and now he spends most of the winters in the house, having wrestling matches with the dog. They're great friends.

ForumRunner_20150801_174050.jpg

Beautiful kitten.
What kind is it?

Looks a little bit like a Persian or a rag-a-muffin.

Was going to go with ragamuffin until I found out it is a real cat breed and not just a mutt. :)

Little Miss Muffet milk mouth is her new unofficial name. She is responding well and gaining weight. She has been going to work with me in my shirt pocket and seems to finally be growing out of it. Time for her to stay at home.

Love me some kitties, only have pics of our now deceased kitty, but we have two tabby's and a serval at home now.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438825411.439176.jpg

Oliver he was beautiful. What kind of Kitty was he?
I'm down to only seven cats. When I grow up, I'm going to be a crazy cat lady.
This is Miss Rose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 62
Oliver he was beautiful. What kind of Kitty was he?

I'm down to only seven cats. When I grow up, I'm going to be a crazy cat lady.

This is Miss Rose.

Tasha was a Florida Panther, also had a sister Sheba.

Oliver you're going to have to tell me that story. There has got to be a story that goes with a Florida Panther.

Was going to go with ragamuffin until I found out it is a real cat breed and not just a mutt. :)...

LOL- The Ragamuffin is a real cat breed. I'm about a grand in the hole to prove it:rofl: (the things we'll do for our grandkids:D).

This things got 3 or 4 names, none of which I can recall except "muffin" which was my granddaughters pick. Hey, what can I say? She likes to keep it simple!

So what breed is yours? it's as cute as it can be!:thumb:

Oliver you're going to have to tell me that story. There has got to be a story that goes with a Florida Panther.

I want to hear that too.
Maybe at TF East (or West?) Florida?
I'll bring the libations:dance:

OD

Here's what I know, my dad knew a guy and he got Tasha along with Sheba (Sheba was given to his cousin). He took Tasha with him to work till she reached about 12 or so. That picture was taken when she was with my dad at work.

Btw if anyone's curious we do have a special permit to keep such a cat at our home.

Here's Tasha and Pebbles playing around.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438860724.519784.jpg

That looks like 1/4" BBB chain on that cat. Do you have a windlass for it? Probably wouldn't make much of an anchor.

'Honey, did you set the anchor?'
'I tried, but it didn't like being wet, and is swimming away. Looks pretty pissed, too.'

Where does that kitty sleep?
Anywhere he wants to!

Where does that kitty sleep?
Anywhere he wants to!

She sleep in the house for most of her years, in her later years we kept her in the garage.

That looks like 1/4" BBB chain on that cat. Do you have a windlass for it? Probably wouldn't make much of an anchor.

'Honey, did you set the anchor?'
'I tried, but it didn't like being wet, and is swimming away. Looks pretty pissed, too.'

:rofl::lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom