Boat Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Raincoast Spirit was launched in 1992, her hull came out of the Philbrook's "Seamaster" mold, which had previously been used to build a series of commercial boats. Later Roy Parkinson (Park Isle Marine) would use that mold to build the 57' Fine Romance. The trollers Seaborn I and Royal Spirit also came out of that mold, as well as Hi-Dad, which appeared in Free-Willy 2.

Arctic Charm.
Interesting boat, the upper structure almost looks home built.

Attachments

• ARCTIC CHARM.jpg
    ARCTIC CHARM.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 143
Not very salty but what a way to go.

Attachments

• funeral.jpg
    funeral.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 106
Arctic Charm.
Interesting boat, the upper structure almost looks home built.

Yeah, it is interesting. Looks like a watch cabin up top (I want one) and that one upper deck chair looks a little set-back into it, like maybe there's a covered inset. Wonder what that is hanging on the transom.....maybe a ramp?

NOAA research ship at Mare Island:

Anchored on 12-foot-deep Mildred Island at sunset:

Raincoast Spirit was launched in 1992, her hull came out of the Philbrook's "Seamaster" mold, which had previously been used to build a series of commercial boats. Later Roy Parkinson (Park Isle Marine) would use that mold to build the 57' Fine Romance. The trollers Seaborn I and Royal Spirit also came out of that mold, as well as Hi-Dad, which appeared in Free-Willy 2.

You're a mass of knowledge and information, Tad. She reminds me a bit of Maverick, a yacht advertised here on TF a couple of years ago.

Wonder what that is hanging on the transom.....maybe a ramp?

That is a bit odd, I'm going with swim platform or a trampoline.
You can jump onto it from the top deck and get propelled onto shore without getting your feet wet :D

Attachments

• ARCTIC CHARM.jpg
    ARCTIC CHARM.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 117
Captain Kevin Oprey posing on the bulb of QM2.

enhanced-buzz-wide-3313-1394186280-12.jpg

Here's another. Apparently the shoot was done in Bali.

enhanced-buzz-wide-13393-1394186268-7.jpg

And a close up....
enhanced-buzz-wide-32766-1394186270-12.jpg

Nice boat

Brand unknown, off Orcas Island.

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 105
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438840322.465816.jpg

I was mesmerized by her rear end when I noticed her in Anacortes....

Kevin

Nice pic West,
Looks like she draws 8' and has a crane for the anchor.

On this boat I like the walk around decks .. especially on the second deck.

The most important piece of gear any serious mariner needs to go to sea. Timbits. Got 'em.

Nice pic West,
Looks like she draws 8' and has a crane for the anchor.

On this boat I like the walk around decks .. especially on the second deck.

Rare indeed, she's the only one left in BC. Around 70' x 19.75', Master draws about 12' of water, her four bladed prop is 8' in diameter and turns at 100 RPM, triple expansion 332 HP Speedwell enginebuilt in Scotland in 1916. Cylinders are 26", 15.5", and 9.6" in diameter. She carries 10,000 imperial gallons of bunker oil. She's about 92 gross tons registered.

Has Burger King ruined Tim Hortons yet?

We've only had our Timmy's for about a year, so I'm not sure how they used to be. I will say that it has replaced Dunkin' as my go to morning junk food and coffee joint.

Wait... What thread is this again?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom