Who is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
I'll tell ya why later...

Attachments

• Discovery Passage 002.jpg
    Discovery Passage 002.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 176
Is it BandB?? :p

I'll tell ya why later...

Not unusual at all to see large yachts in BC coastal waters. This one seen in Discovery Passage flew what was thought to be the Bermuda flag and that's it. No markings of any kind, anywhere to identify it. Not even a courtesy flag.

I thought someone here might recognize it but then, maybe you are sworn to secrecy, eh?

And it is missing it's anchor. Maybe on a sea trial after paint and other things.

Not unusual at all to see large yachts in BC coastal waters. This one seen in Discovery Passage flew what was thought to be the Bermuda flag and that's it. No markings of any kind, anywhere to identify it. Not even a courtesy flag.

I thought someone here might recognize it but then, maybe you are sworn to secrecy, eh?

Was that yesterday evening? Saw a long low profile quickly passing by Powell yesterday afternoon. Didn't come up on AIS.

Was that yesterday evening?

No, not yesterday. Just received a bunch of pics from friends up there and that was among them as one of several "puzzlers" they sent. Based on their whereabouts, I'd say it was at least a month ago.

How long you been in Powell River?

It looks very similar to the yacht Triple Seven but it's not.

I don't quite understand the "I'll tell ya why later..." part.

Tell us.

I don't quite understand the "I'll tell ya why later..." part.

Tell us.

Nothing gossipy like what a drone might pick up. It was just very stealthy quiet, no markings and no sign of life aboard. It doesn't appear to have been spotted anywhere else like it just cruised right on over the edge.

No, not yesterday. Just received a bunch of pics from friends up there and that was among them as one of several "puzzlers" they sent. Based on their whereabouts, I'd say it was at least a month ago.

How long you been in Powell River?

15 years.

Time is up ...

It is the Galileo G, a 55m Picchiotti.

It has a pair of anchors that live in anchor pockets, one of which is highly visible just aft of the spray at the waterline aft of the bow.

Attachments

• GALILEO_G[1].jpg
    GALILEO_G[1].jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 78
She's in the Aegean Sea right now

Interesting. No way she could be in these waters recently then.
Friends are somewhere between me and Kevin Sanders now and I won't likely hear from them again 'til Sept sometime to clarify.

Thanks for that cool link Larry.
Do you have more than the basic subscription?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom