Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Wifey and I were discussing, and it turns out our own personal litmus test has been pretty useful -- for us -- over time.

"Have we seen a boat we'd like better than ours?" (Implied "affordable," given that we live with a Fleming fleet on site and next door :) )

Anyway, the answer has so far been "no." We've seen interesting and probably useful, attractive individual features on other boats -- and we can think of improvements that would have been nice on our own boat -- but so far, we've not found anything we'd like better.

Granted that's mostly from casual consideration, usually not in depth examination inspection. Still...

-Chris

Yeah, I don't care who Band or wifeyb is either. I enjoy their posts.

I feel like I now need to come clean about my true identity. I am famous rapper who goes by the stage name "Sexy".

View attachment 42812

Did one of the female lock operators give you that on the way through the other day?

wow ruined my day LOL

How can you have thread creep on a title like "shoulda coulda woulda"?

FYI, Galaxy Girl completed her Hatteras refit in April, but that's her most recent post on her blog. Oh, and Galaxy is her real first name. The refit she did of her boat shows her skill at rehabbing and flipping houses. She and her family lived the winter on the boat in Boston. She does have photos on her site. I doubted her as much as anyone, but she pulled it all off.

Seems as though Galaxy Girl sold her beautiful Hatteras and moved to Hotel California. Reason given - the brutal Boston winter. She learnd the hard way but.....

Reason given - the brutal Boston winter. She learnd the hard way but.....

Wow! If only one person contributing to any of her dozens of threads on multiple forums had brought up the fact that Boston winters are cold and boats are poorly insulated... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

But I digress. Behind the scenes and eventually in front of everybody she started calling anyone offering anything other than praise and fawning over her superior logic a hater.

Last edited:
Wow! If only one person contributing to any of her dozens of threads on multiple forums had brought up the fact that Boston winters are cold and boats are poorly insulated... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

But I digress. Behind the scenes and eventually in front of everybody she started calling anyone offering anything other than praise and fawning over her superior logic a hater.

Po, poo, poor gal. I hate the word hater! And therefore have banned it from my vocab. However, in the case of Galaxy.... LOL :eek: :popcorn: :facepalm: :D

Trouble was...she listened to a bunch of people filled with dreams and no experience.

She had the right info but thought she was smarter than many experienced boaters because she was successful and thought she knew what was best for what 5 other family mdmbers?

Sorta like many forum posts...heck one member here even bragged...better to be articulate than smart and experience because you will hold the attention of the masses.

She got exactly what she deserved. Hopefully it was a fun, great experience that she learned from.

From the beginning I knew she want cut of the right cloth.

Trouble was...she listened to a bunch of people filled with dreams and no experience.

She had the right info but thought she was smarter than many experienced boaters because she was successful and thought she knew what was best for what 5 other family mdmbers?

Sorta like many forum posts...heck one member here even bragged...better to be articulate than smart and experience because you will hold the attention of the masses.

She got exactly what she deserved. Hopefully it was a fun, great experience that she learned from.

From the beginning I knew she want cut of the right cloth.

I hope it was a good experience for the kids. I think certainly in the early days where she was sharing more information they were finding it to be a great time. I can't imagine they much enjoyed winter docked in Boston, however.

She was a constant contradiction, but I think that's the real her with sequences of things that just make no sense to most of us. Had to rush back to Boston to get the kids back in school there and because she did business there. But now to California which indicates all that wasn't important, so why didn't she just stay in a warm climate to start.

I can't imagine trying to work with her as a captain or shipyard. That doesn't mean she's a bad person. It just means trying to get her to listen would have been very difficult and annoying.

Very different than the norm, but we certainly are too, so don't criticize that. Just better listening skills when dealing with things new to her would have been very beneficial.

Opening it all up to everyone to follow and read, either courage or something else or a bit of each.

A lot of sailboaters with the "go for it" attitude an no reservations. While some had a lot of experience in boats, not much of it was applicable to her situation.

Galaxy Girl wore out a bunch of forums. But, there's been a bunch of "dreamers" that ended up doing nothing at all. Whatever happened to Portager, the transportable trawler yacht.

Wait I thought we were talking about GG and Not DT:eek::popcorn:

I hope it was a good experience for the kids. I think certainly in the early days where she was sharing more information they were finding it to be a great time. I can't imagine they much enjoyed winter docked in Boston, however.

She was a constant contradiction, but I think that's the real her with sequences of things that just make no sense to most of us. Had to rush back to Boston to get the kids back in school there and because she did business there. But now to California which indicates all that wasn't important, so why didn't she just stay in a warm climate to start.

I can't imagine trying to work with her as a captain or shipyard. That doesn't mean she's a bad person. It just means trying to get her to listen would have been very difficult and annoying.

Very different than the norm, but we certainly are too, so don't criticize that. Just better listening skills when dealing with things new to her would have been very beneficial.

Opening it all up to everyone to follow and read, either courage or something else or a bit of each.

As you mention, she's difficult and annoying... as well as pretty much a pig headed know it all. I, as did many others on TF, tried best to provide her and her mom with credible knowledge to assist choices. She kicked us and out input to the curb (i.e. overboard - lol) tooooo many times. Eventually I simply deleted her from being able to get her posts or threads to my computer... as also did others.

I don't accept difficult and annoying for very long... whens pig headed and know it all comes into play - Color Me GONE!!! :eek: :popcorn: :whistling: :D

Shoulda: bought a boat that was better maintained.

If you use something sooner or later it's going to break.

Woulda: bought a boat with less toys an just plain better hard ware.

She was made of good wood and good iron. They said she would never go down. ( reported of the SS Titanic)

Coulda: bought just the right boat if I only had the money.

It's only money. Can't take it with you and you can't live forever.

Go ahead. It's all about quality of life along the way.

Is it the voyage or the vessel?

sd View attachment 42642

Love that water colour, who did it ? Link to more of his/her work ?

Back
Top Bottom