Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Europa we saw is an Ocean Alexander. First time I'd been on one. Wow.
"Whew!" That's better! I must admit that the Europa configuration is really nice and if I was a long distance cruiser that's what I would have.

A year later, I still like our choice, although a newer model would have less external teak.

shoulda: i went through the boat 3 times before placing a deposit. That still was not enough. I made a 3 page hit list of minor things I found needing fixing before the surveyor stepped on board. None were deal breakers by themselves but in aggregate, I should have negotiated a lower price.
A delay in the surveyors report pushed up to the buy or pass decision date of the agreement of sale. We bought, and I spent the next month working off hit lists mainly undoing PO's "improvements".

Shhhh...this is the trawler forum...

That's okay. According to Sea magazine, this, the Azimut 66, is a "trawler" so no worries about a little run-of-the-mill boat like an Ocean Alexander.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438489049.195626.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438489064.675322.jpg

Wifey B: No Baglietto....you might have seen a Riva sometime but not that big.

Why is it a secret again? I must have missed that.

I think they have this, and when they want to hide they just dive since it's also a sub.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438560445.773825.jpg

I think they have this, and when they want to hide they just dive since it's also a sub.

View attachment 42771

Below is what you missed about the secrecy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal View Post
Who wouldn't? They're my TF idols. They own a large yacht and looking for another one for $4M so they can have one for each coast, they are young but retired and semi retired, they cruise most of their time, WifeyB wears revealing clothing and they have plenty of sex. They're living the life that I dream of.

I wish I could meet them. But for now, a picture of them and their yacht would be wonderful.
Wifey B: Omg....you can wear revealing clothing and have plenty of sex too....hehe...

We do sort of live a dream life but we've lived the bad type lives too. We're very thankful for all we have and do know we're lucky. Just hope we use our good fortune in some positive ways. Long before we were where we are now though, we found happiness and that was with no yachts, not a lot of money. And as to photos, there are none of us due to some restrictions past events placed on us. That's a sacrifice we had to make. We've had to maintain very private lives and even being on forums has been a bold step outside.

Ooops....I better get dressed. We're about 30 minutes from land and docking.

Telling our friend/family/guest that she better get dressed too....she made a pouty face

View attachment 42771

They are actually super famous people that we would all recognize since they are in the public eye.

They cannot show their boat because like all super duper rich people they register their boats in the Cayman Islands and even though the Caymans have some of the most secret banking laws in the country they are afraid us common folk might figure out who they are.

Or more likely...

We are all being royally BS'd by a couple of college kids who are smart and well read, and are writing their phycology doctorate thesis on social media as it affects nitch interest groups. :)

Mr and Mrs B it's time. We have conversed with you for a year or better now. How about you pony up and show us your actual boats, the ones you actually own. We all know that you probably have the actual ownership hidden behind a LLC in a foreign country so why not share a little.

OK Galaxy Girl - Fess up... again! LOL

Only kidding - sorta!! :facepalm: :dance: :D

Or more likely...

We are all being royally BS'd by a couple of college kids who are smart and well read, and are writing their phycology doctorate thesis on social media as it affects nitch interest groups. :)

I've always thought this to be the case but also can't help suspecting that it might be an alter ego of one of us just having fun.

I've always thought this to be the case but also can't help suspecting that it might be an alter ego of one of us just having fun.

Marin??? Naw... say it taint so! Maybe it's Marin's smart dog?? Could it be Friar Geo playing with our mind? Naw ... he's got someone to big to answer too. Maybe it's Craig, or Eric, or... Mark sitting on the top of his boat's pilot house roof.

OK - I give up! Just WHO be you BandB?

And, on another train of thought - Who really Cares! Not me - because - Both of the B's have had good, smart posts and are refreshingly respectful.

Carry on BandB... Carry on! :D :dance:

View attachment 42771

Then they travel submerged at flank speed to their subsea volcano lair, so they can play with their pet sharks with frickin laser beams on their fricken heads.

FYI, Galaxy Girl completed her Hatteras refit in April, but that's her most recent post on her blog. Oh, and Galaxy is her real first name. The refit she did of her boat shows her skill at rehabbing and flipping houses. She and her family lived the winter on the boat in Boston. She does have photos on her site. I doubted her as much as anyone, but she pulled it all off.

We have our reasons for privacy and will maintain them and they tie to past events in our lives. That's the full extent of what we'll say on that subject. There are people on this site who know what boats we own, but we don't choose to discuss certain things publicly and especially not to discuss financial matters publicly. We don't own a trawler, but then we recently read that no one on this site does.

We are not famous. In fact, we've worked hard to avoid being well known. We have nothing, including boats, outside the US, either physically or by entity, title or flag.

We come here only because we enjoy boating, and we feel trawlering is a state of mind, not a state of boat.

No submarines. The thought of being under water does not appeal to my claustrophobic tendencies.

B and B simply stand for the first initials of our names as several here are aware.

And don't recall at all the circumstances of the posts regarding amount of sex or amount of clothing, but we do have some of both.

Oh and we do have knowledge of Marin, Marin's dog, Eric, Craig and Mark but none of Friar Geo, so can neither confirm nor deny his presence.

For the record, we don't feel strongly about one type boat being better than another or even one type anchor being better. Prefer boats that float and anchors that don't.

Oh and haven't and won't contribute to anyone's Presidential campaign. So if you're thinking of running, go find some billionaires like the others are doing. I never knew rhetoric paid so well.

Last edited:
FYI, Galaxy Girl completed her Hatteras refit in April, but that's her most recent post on her blog. Oh, and Galaxy is her real first name. The refit she did of her boat shows her skill at rehabbing and flipping houses. She and her family lived the winter on the boat in Boston. She does have photos on her site. I doubted her as much as anyone, but she pulled it all off.

We have our reasons for privacy and will maintain them and they tie to past events in our lives. That's the full extent of what we'll say on that subject. There are people on this site who know what boats we own, but we don't choose to discuss certain things publicly and especially not to discuss financial matters publicly. We don't own a trawler, but then we recently read that no one on this site does.

We are not famous. In fact, we've worked hard to avoid being well known. We have nothing, including boats, outside the US, either physically or by entity, title or flag.

We come here only because we enjoy boating, and we feel trawlering is a state of mind, not a state of boat.

No submarines. The thought of being under water does not appeal to my claustrophobic tendencies.

B and B simply stand for the first initials of our names as several here are aware.

And don't recall at all the circumstances of the posts regarding amount of sex or amount of clothing, but we do have some of both.

Oh and we do have knowledge of Marin, Marin's dog, Eric, Craig and Mark but none of Friar Geo, so can neither confirm nor deny his presence.

For the record, we don't feel strongly about one type boat being better than another or even one type anchor being better. Prefer boats that float and anchors that don't.

Oh and haven't and won't contribute to anyone's Presidential campaign. So if you're thinking of running, go find some billionaires like the others are doing. I never knew rhetoric paid so well.

Written by a female. Interesting...

I have my doubts...

I've had TF members come to Alaska and swear me to silence as to their visit. I respect that and have never divulged their identities.

But these two came to Alaska on their big west coast Alaska tour and came to my home port. Little old Seward Alaska, and never even said hi.

Even the Russian guy on his gigantic yacht, surrounded by bodyguards said hi as he passed by.

You can't hardly dock a boat transient in Seward Alaska without having to pass right by my boat to get to shore, at least not a big boat.

So while I really enjoy the politness of their postings, I have doubts as to wether they are real people. Possibly I'm just a bit put off because everybody says hi at least once when they're in town. Boaters are by nature friendly people. They seem to be friendly. Too friendly not to say hi.

At least the doubters knew that Galaxy Girl was a reaal person.

so... my money is on the college kids.

Last edited:
I say he B recently emerged from a tunnel in Mexico. She B is a smokescreen.

Now, can I have my thread back?

I doubt college kids. They usually have tooooo much cool stuff ongoing to bother with grand parents types for very long... i.e. us! There is something else in the works. I'm not betten on nutten... till proof is presented.

All the "funnen" posts I recently placed are just that - "For Fun"! BB has been very polite and mostly correct in the posts. Galaxy and her mum were often neither.

What cha got B and B? If n:eek:othing to discuss... no problem!!

I had a employee that worked for for years we nic named him conspiracy-theory years later after the crew was caught caught he had claimed for many years was embezzling from us ....... Since then he has been a business partner of mine and I no longer call him conspiracy-theory

I say he B recently emerged from a tunnel in Mexico. She B is a smokescreen.

Now, can I have my thread back?

I agree. Back on topic!!!

Well, Art, what about Oliver?

Fact is we have nothing to prove and have no intention on trying. We're here to discuss boating not become the topic of discussion and speculation. If that's not satisfactory to some, then so be it. We've probably disclosed more personal information here than we wish so we may well become more private, not less. We don't mean to offend anyone. So you can debate whether we're real or not, college kids or octogenarian, male or female or one of each or some other combination of the same, wealthy or poor. We will not participate further in that debate. I'm trying to express that politely as I can. Oh, my wife just told me to come clean and admit we're Geckos.

Fact is we have nothing to prove and have no intention on trying. We're here to discuss boating not become the topic of discussion and speculation. If that's not satisfactory to some, then so be it. We've probably disclosed more personal information here than we wish so we may well become more private, not less. We don't mean to offend anyone. So you can debate whether we're real or not, college kids or octogenarian, male or female or one of each or some other combination of the same, wealthy or poor. We will not participate further in that debate. I'm trying to express that politely as I can. Oh, my wife just told me to come clean and admit we're Geckos.

Geckos... I knew it! :rofl: :iagree: :Thanx:

So? We're coots.

I know how to tell if they're REAL geckoes! Who's your insurance carrier? :D

Sorry for the thread creep, Hawgwash!

Now back to our original scheduled broadcast...

You don't need to justify yourselves to anyone. The posts of yours that I've seen are well thought out and on topic. Even if you were college kids(doubt it), what you post is relevant. I'll buy the first round if you make it to Victoria, BC.

Yeah, I don't care who Band or wifeyb is either. I enjoy their posts.

I feel like I now need to come clean about my true identity. I am famous rapper who goes by the stage name "Sexy".

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1438656771.715671.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom