Which one of you is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats the problem.
Every boats a compromise.This is one of my bigger ones.
I do plan to have one,it's on the list.(Item number 124)
However I've yet to find one I like the look of.
Here's todays favourite.

Attachments

• 68_serenity stern.jpg
    68_serenity stern.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 241
I believe the most butt ugly boats out there are the ones carrying the dinghy slung vertically on the swim platform. Moonstruck has no other good way to carry. I hate it, but love my dinghy. In fact, won't be without one. It absolutely ruins the lines of a boat.

img_354614_0_540a74400593aa7e1caf50fe246f18dc.jpg

Agree but any other place on the boat is worse we have a guy at our dock that put his out front looks rough

Yes it's a Selene 50' some thing.....I see MarkPierce is on the line here, I would like to PM him if that's OK.......Noel S

OC, you are one of the lucky ones that KNOW the attributes of forward sloped pilot house windows.
I feel sorry for those that can't see the obvious advantages of forward sloping windows. They're probably the same people that think Rita Hayworth is ugly.
:blush:

I feel sorry for those that can't see the obvious advantages of forward sloping windows. They're probably the same people that think Rita Hayworth is ugly.
:blush:

Rita Hayworth! Now your talking.:thumb:

I totally understand the advantages of reverse sloping windows. I also like them on the Selenes up to the 48' model. Above that I love the interior of the pilothouse, but the exterior looks to me like an add on. They almost resemble a parking lot booth. This is my opinion only.

I would take this boat in a heartbeat. However with the lines of the boat,to me, the pilot house looks as if it was designed for another boat.

img_354658_0_2f5985f356977eb6a49e788bfc27849b.jpg

I think Tom Fexas did a much better job of integrating the Pilot House into the Grand Banks Aleutian 55.

img_354658_1_4ffc6f5c2deae8420ddb9391f1e54e5f.jpg

Last edited:
Don,
Re your top pic,
If those ugly slab things were replaced w pipe the bridge windows probably would look OK.
May work too w both wannabe slab things to match.

Second edit;
But then the lines of the FB cover is a killer. FB cover would need vertical pipe support too.

Boat in lower picture looks really nice .. good.

Last edited:
Don,
Re your top pic,
If those ugly slab things were replaced w pipe the bridge windows probably would look OK.
May work too w both wannabe slab things to match.

Second edit;
But then the lines of the FB cover is a killer. FB cover would need vertical pipe support too.

Boat in lower picture looks really nice .. good.

You could be right about that, Eric. As it is there are just too many jumbled lines in the mix. That is my opinion only.

I'm with you on the slabs and hardtop. I like the slabs when they run parallel to each other. When they start going in different directions, I lose interest.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When you get sick of someone trying to jam their opinion down you throat without allowing anyone else the freedom to express their own opinion, there is an easy solution.

Step #1: [Left-Click] UserName.

Step #2: [Left-Click] "Add <Jackhole> to Your Ignore List"

It's an easy way to solve a problem. Personally, I like to see ALL the opinions. The ones I get to laugh at make me feel better about myself.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When you get sick of someone trying to jam their opinion down you throat without allowing anyone else the freedom to express their own opinion....

Not sure that ever happens on this forum as there is no way to deny any member the freedom to express their own opinion. All a member has to do is post his or her opinion to the forum and there it is for all to read.

So far as I know, the only way this freedom can be removed is by an action of the administrators.

Selenes as do all vessels have some design warts. A few years ago I was chasing a 58 very hard and did not miss the deal by much. It had a white hull, much preferable to the blues that had several repaints painfully done under warranty.

So no, I would not want that vessel unless a lighter hull color.

Selenes as do all vessels have some design warts. A few years ago I was chasing a 58 very hard and did not miss the deal by much. It had a white hull, much preferable to the blues that had several repaints painfully done under warranty.

So no, I would not want that vessel unless a lighter hull color.

Sunchaser,
What were the problems with the blue hulls? I'm asking because we're considering one. Thanks

Sunchaser,
What were the problems with the blue hulls? I'm asking because we're considering one. Thanks
A lot of people don't like the dark hulls as they show every drop of water that gets on them. (Unless, of course, its deionized water!) I had a blue hull and rinsed it off after every outing with Deionized water, no wiping the hull dry, just let it air dry. It's just like using Jet Dry in your dish washer for your fine glass ware.

Attachments

• Deionized Water.jpg
    Deionized Water.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 68
Now, you are getting personal, Ted. You mean it is not proper to pull my Hi-Lo trailer with my SL 500?

Don, no offense intended. Moonstruck is gorgeous. The dingy, well.......it's like when your prom date farts,..........awkward.

Ted

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When you get sick of someone trying to jam their opinion down you throat without allowing anyone else the freedom to express their own opinion, there is an easy solution.

Step #1: [Left-Click] UserName.

Step #2: [Left-Click] "Add <Jackhole> to Your Ignore List"

It's an easy way to solve a problem. Personally, I like to see ALL the opinions. The ones I get to laugh at make me feel better about myself.

So Shrew,
You have jamming rights as well. What's your take on wannabe windows?

Don, no offense intended. Moonstruck is gorgeous. The dingy, well.......it's like when your prom date farts,..........awkward.

Ted

To funny

Ted

If she only farts once she'a a keeper.:thumb:

Sunchaser,

The story I was given was mold release timing or wrong products resulting in surface irregularity which on a blue hull is quite noticeable. Sun and heat buildup then came into play.

More details were provided to me which are not internet fodder.

A bit of clarification. After checking Selene Owners site, " First Snow" isn't registered there. At least not yet.

And thanks Marin for your opinion. 99 percent of the time, I'm in total aggrement with you.
But not this time, might be a bit bias, but I think Selene's are Purdy!

Re Don's pictures :The Grand Banks I could live with the top one not so much. Of course you can see from my avatar what I like in a boat.
To each their own. Or the world would be boring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom