Cabinetry at 2 a.m.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
It is fun! *Just finished the silverware drawer I built and installed to fill the gap between the new granite countertops and the microwave. *Fun stuff after a few glasses of wine (all power tools put up prior to the wine!) while listening to some good boat music, etc. *Also built the framework for the new 2nd berth I am building in the kid's stateroom. *Framework all in place...have to cut the plywood base and I am done.
Here is our new silverware drawer...exciting, huh?! *
smile.gif

img_2485_1_0194a68b5222a8722b56ccb9195d100f.jpg

img_2485_2_cb98db5fe56c731b6e9a6786e967b608.jpg

Woodsong wrote:

...exciting, huh?! *
smile.gif
Nice work! ...* Exciting!* Wish I could watch the stain evaporate.* Is there room to sit on the floor and watch microwave "happenings"?* Reminds me: have you made popcorn in the new microwave oven yet?

The counter top, microwave and draw look great.* Your granite counter tops look to be the same color as our granite counter tops. **Looks like both your wifes have the same taste.* I mean your wife and my wife, not that we have more than one wife.* Well, at least I dont.* Heck I cant afford one wife!
confuse.gif

The popcorn button is the*most used*button as it does about everything.***
biggrin.gif

markpierce wrote:

Woodsong wrote:

...exciting, huh?! *
smile.gif
Nice work! ...* Exciting!* Wish I could watch the stain evaporate.* Is there room to sit on the floor and watch microwave "happenings"?* Reminds me: have you made popcorn in the new microwave oven yet?

I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel...The Attachment of the Drawer Pull.

Cant see what keeps the drawer from sliding open with a dink wake.

How is it kept closed?

Yes...the exciting sequal....drawer pull installation! stay tuned for that!! ;)
The kids have made popcorn- it works good! The micro we found, as you can see in the pics, fits perfectly in the opening...almost looks like it was designed to fit.
Re: keeping drawer closed. I have some more brass closure thingies like the ones in the attached picture. I'll be installing one for the new silverware drawer today. *Gotta see what I want to do about a drawer pull.....

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 81
Woodsong, if you can do all that stuff, you can darn well paint your own flybridge for sure. Now there's still time before sun-up, so get out there now and strike while in the mood.

Woodsong,**Nice Job!* Why is it more fun working on our boats than doing jobs at home?* I use to work all hours of the night on my projects but now during that time I only dream about it!!

Happy New Year.***** JohnP** IG32 #25*** Toms River* NJ

Woodsong wrote:................
Re: keeping drawer closed. I have some more brass closure thingies like the ones in the attached picture. I'll be installing one for the new silverware drawer today. *Gotta see what I want to do about a drawer pull.....

My boat came from the factory with several drawers.* There's a notch in the side that locks the drawer closed.* You have to raise it slightly, then pull it open.* You can barely see it near the bottom of the photo:

334623848.jpg

Drawer pulls can be a problem on a boat if there's a way for people to bump into them.* Mine have a finger pull cutout on the front.* Raise and pull.
I didn't make the drawer but I made the insert.

-- Edited by rwidman on Thursday 30th of December 2010 06:03:56 PM

-- Edited by rwidman on Thursday 30th of December 2010 06:05:01 PM

LOL Peter re: Painting!!

Ron- the rest of the factory drawers in our galley have the same notch in the drawers that require slightly lifting up the drawer. I could do that but it is more cutting/fitting and more of a pain. The bronze latches I have will fit the bill and since they are used on all the storage locker doors it will fit the look of the boat.

Today was definitely the day for woodwork. Big project for today was building the 2nd berth in the kid's stateroom. Most of the Monk 36's have a typical vberth but ours had a large double to port. With us having 2 young children we need them to both have a separate bed. So....converted the storage locker to starboard to a 2nd berth! Pics attached! *The new berth to starboard with the pink sleeping bag on it is what I built today. *This represents the last of the major "functional" projects i had to do to the boat to get her suitable for us. *The previous one was the galley redo, getting laptop GPS set up, wifi booster stuff (ok, that one I have on the boat and working but still have to mount the antenna!!), and running the electrical for new outlets and installing the kid's stateroom flatscreen/dvd.Now I can start doing the inverter, upgrading some lighting, etc. and yes....figuring out if I am going to try painting the topsides myself or not.
I am pretty pleased with the new stateroom configuration for the kids! *Next weekend I go up to the boat I am going to be able to sit around and relax a lot more! *
smile.gif

FUN PART of the day was when TF member Moonstruck came over to the boat to visit and say hello! *Super nice meeting you Don!

P.S. you'll note in the bed pictures that the larger double to port is lumpy looking...I've not cut the memory foam to fit yet, thus it's not fitting well. *Either going to cut them to fit or possibly just order a custom mattress for both berths. *Hard to tell from the pics but both berths are 80-84" long. *Sleeping bags make them look shorter but they will both fit a full size person easily. *I am 6' tall and they both offer plenty of room for sleeping an adult.

-- Edited by Woodsong on Thursday 30th of December 2010 09:10:54 PM

-- Edited by Woodsong on Thursday 30th of December 2010 09:13:26 PM

-- Edited by Woodsong on Thursday 30th of December 2010 09:15:15 PM

Attachments

• bed 2.jpg
    bed 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 64
  • bed 1.jpg
    bed 1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 78
"There's a notch in the side that locks the drawer closed. You have to raise it slightly, then pull it open."

These are good , but a second notch further back can keep the drawer from coming all the way out.

FF wrote:

"There's a notch in the side that locks the drawer closed. You have to raise it slightly, then pull it open."

These are good , but a second notch further back can keep the drawer from coming all the way out.
Most of them have a center metal*runner and a plastic guide that does that. When you pull them all the way out, you have to tug to remove the drawer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom