View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #56
tallswede

City: Baytown, Texas
Vessel Name: Islander
Vessel Model: Prairie 36
Dang Hollywood, sounds a bit like me! I currently have 5 boats (3 sail) and am looking to buy a trawler soon. I have 16 motorcycles mostly dirt and 2 street. I have an old '79 TransAm I'm currently working on and an old house I am fixing up (almost done if there is such a thing). Good thing I've just retired so I'll have time for all this "stuff". I plan to restore some of my vintage dirt bikes and sell them along with some of the boats I don't use much anymore in order to have more time/money for the trawler. So you see, it's all a balance of what you want to do at a certain stage of life. Time or money, I love working on things I don't HAVE to work on. I love fixing up an old car or motorcycle. Not so much my daily driver. LOL.

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood8118 View Post
Since my dad drug home a plywood c class racing outboard when I was 6 I have been hooked on boats.. they definitely are my drug of choice. The year before the boat and I actually hit the water I spent most of my spare time traveling the world with the thing up on saw horses.

The funny thing is I still do the same thing at times sitting at the helm of my Ocean Alexander.. with it tied to the dock.. voyaging in my mind so to speak. ( that sounds a bit crazy to even me)

That being said, boats (5 in current inventory.. all power boats) are only a part of what I do..

we water ski.. but that is tied to the boats so it doesn't count as a different hobby.

we sport tour on motorcycles.. I also still do a fair amount of dirt riding on a different bike.

I am restoring a fire breathing small block chevy equipped 240z. hot rods.. talk about a addiction..

I do some woodworking ( again handy on boats )

I do a lot of mechanical rebuilding.. currently building my own 40gph. water maker rehabbing and a ac unit ( again both for the boat )

We are about to build a new home as we just became empty nesters
(yeah).. but I do that for a living so I guess it doesn't really count either.

And I do a few deliveries here and there.. it gets me on all sorts of cool boats I don't have to pay for.. damn there is that boat thing again!

I used to restore mahogany speed boats as a hobby but big boats have taken up too much time and fulfilled that need.

Oh I don't really sleep much.. and don't watch sports on tv .. so I guess I get more time for boats..

I think I need to start a 12 step program for boat junkies.

HOLLYWOOD
tallswede is offline   Reply With Quote