Purchase several items

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bikeandboat

Vessel Name
Missing Link
Vessel Make
1986 Albin 34 Family Cruiser
We are about ready to start an overhaul of a 34' trawler we just bought. I am not sure if this is where to ask this, but I will attempt it here. It seems a marine supply named BoatersIsland has about all the items I want and at what appears to be the best price. Does anyone have purchasing experience with this company? Results? Thanks

I don't have any experience with them, but I compared a few items with Defender. Some a bit higher and some a bit lower. BoatersIsland seems to handle a limited number of vendors whereas Defender pretty well covers them all.

Defender has been my go to online marine store. Go2marine second.

David

If you don't have any experience with an online company and don't get much of a response on here, pay for your order using PayPal. That way if the company stiffs you in any way you can contact PayPal and they will withdraw the payment and refund it to you.

While I will endodrse Hopkins Carter a member here...

Defender does have an "outfitter" setup and if you spend enough..they will work on a discount. Call customer service of all places and ask.

I don't mind using eBay sellers with good feedback. Plus I use PayPal linked to a credit card.

In general you can find a lot of sellers not affiliated with eBay with a Google search...but there can be problems. A couple of weeks ago I needed a new Sherwood raw water pump for my Cummins engines. My search turned up several sellers both eBay and non eBay. I found a regular online seller that was about $50 cheaper than a trusted eBay seller which said that they offered free and quick shipping. I was about to order it when I noticed below their Google entry some feedback from customers.
The reviews were absolutely awful. Slow shipping, no shipping, no returning calls. So I went with the eBay seller...boatstoreusa...in Stuart, FL. The order was over a secure website, they answered the phone for my questions, and I got it in 4 days.

There are lots of snakes out there. Defender is fantastic but there are alternatives that can be trusted.

I already have Defender's pricing for a larger order. Even with this pricing they are definitely higher than BoatersIsland. That was not my question. I was asking if anyone had worked with BoatersIsland. I have bought many orders from Defender with no problems, but hundreds of dollars make a difference in my boating costs. Only trying to decide if I should try BoatersIsland or pay extra for Defender.

Thank you psneeld! I get requests to quote on large orders every day and always appreciate the opportunity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom