Another Project for Eric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giggitoni

Guru
Vessel Name
Mahalo Moi
Vessel Make
1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Hey, Eric,

I was out this last weekend*in California's Delta area when I saw this 30-foot Willard and gave you a thought.* Do you have a set-up like this?* You could be the first in Thorne Bay!* I imagine the spinnaker could give you a knot or two.

Attachments

• willardsail.jpg
    willardsail.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 89
  • willardsail2.jpg
    willardsail2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 69
that there is a proud and stout looking happy trawler!

What great shots to demonstrate a Willard 30 at her versatile best. Of course, Willy wouldn't have the fly-bridge interference, and would use the extra air to make a bigger scoop.....more speed.

Ray,

Thanks for thinking of me and it's even a Nomad like mine. Judging by the wake (and I'm a good judge of that) it looks like he's making 95% of his headway with his engine. No I'm not keen on sails but if someone were to get it for me and install it I'd go proudly forth with it. It's interesting to see that he has a completely covered aft deck and my boat in Alaska is wide open to the weather. Perhaps sun is more threatening than rain. Speaking of weather it was 75 today. Been sunny and dry for a week or two and predicted to be dry for almost another week. As I've said before if your coming to Alaska leave in early May. I wonder where Larry is. Today and yesterday we dined on King Salmon (best I ever ate) and it was from the fish that is the leader in the derby going on now.
biggrin.gif
That poor Willard does look a bit overburdened w all that stuff on it.

Larry here!

I am still (!) in La Conner. Departure has been delayed for various reasons, including having to replace 4 motor mounts, of which two had broken studs. We should be underway in about one week. We expect to be in SE by late June.

Ray, I past the same guy up by Bethal Island around 2;30 he seemed to be making good time and the sail was still up. I say anything that helps improve the mileage is a WIN

Mark,

We captured those photos around 10:45am.* The bridge in the background is Benicia-Martinez.

Looks good and a terrific aux power system
I am looking at using a parachute for similar reasons but mainly as an emergency power system if all else has failed.
The parachute does not require a mast or poles and can be launched and flown from the sampson post.

Back
Top Bottom