Forget the great anchor debate, let's debate best coolers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I get the Yeti for the truck or camping. But for for the boat, why not get a 12 volt fridge/freezer and be done with it?
EdgeStar
63 Qt. 12V DC Portable Fridge/Freezer
Operates as a portable freezer or refrigerator
Volume: 63 qt. capacity
Easy to use control panel
Temperature: -8 to 50 degrees F
$559.00
Arch

These people are recovering sail boaters!!! They have extreme guilt issues when things are comfortable...sensible...affordable!!!:hide:

I own a Yeti simply because Cyndi is a dealer. It is a classic from when they first came out. It is molded fiberglass with gelcoat...not that plastic injected stuff they sell now. But I would never pay full price for one. Just my opinion. It does work better than your common Igloo. But not 5-10 times better.

Yeah, Baker, but do you have the T shirt? They are available in blue or white.:facepalm:

Yeah, Baker, but do you have the T shirt? They are available in blue or white.:facepalm:

I see people with giant stickers across the back window on their trucks???

My vote:
http://frigidrigid.com

Edit: realize i already posted this.

Btw I have a Roadie by Yeti and it's good but not good enough for me to fork out 300 bucks, got it for Christmas luckily.

Last edited:
I got an Engel ac/dc 40 quart cooler a couple of weeks ago. It rocks! I load it up with groceries as a refrigerator, and when I use enough that it all fits in the boat's refrigerator I turn it down to "freezer" and start putting fish and shrimp in it.

It's really nice to be able to freeze things hard and to package them on board into portion size packages as I harvest my seafood.

It looks like a very good long term investment, not cheap though.

I got an Engel ac/dc 40 quart cooler a couple of weeks ago. It rocks! I load it up with groceries as a refrigerator, and when I use enough that it all fits in the boat's refrigerator I turn it down to "freezer" and start putting fish and shrimp in it...
We have a Danfoss powered Waeco/Dometic same size. I pull the temp down at home, load it, plug into 12v in the car driving to the boat, and run it onboard if not using the eutectics, if I am using them I keep it onboard as back up.

Had a Frigid-Rigid 210 (or so...was about 15 years back). Outstanding for ice holding but the feet were in a little narrower than the sides and could flip if not loaded down:confused:. We made a minor owner upgrade to remedy the situation and all was well. I see that the design is different now. We also had them make a custom box with near 3" insulation and dual gasketed lids for drinks to fit a space on a Bertram SF. Once the drinks were at temp a small additional block of ice kept the contents cool for > 3 days. They make outstanding coolers:thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom