View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Yes, so we trade being packed in rows of three for having someone in a reversed seat looking and talking directly at us. I hate commercial flying. It's a situation where you're in reduced oxygen, packed into space with strangers, in a germ filled room, with restrooms that make the heads on the smallest trawlers look like sheer luxury.

The continue to pack more and more seats. Years ago we flew all our employees First Class on any trip over 6 hours, then reduced it to 4 hours. Finally where available we flew all employees Business Class. Then we faced the challenge of those who because of size couldn't fit on coach and some planes had no business. What about people over 6' tall or men over 220 lbs, women over 160 lbs? Well, we thought about upgrading them, but then unfair to others, so finally we changed again and flew all employees first class when available. Anytime we had 4 or more employees flying together we tried to use a company plane or charter.

Then it's the flights with only one class. I'm 6'4"+ (6'6" with shoes but obviously must take them off) and last year was on a flight with only coach. It was too tight for my wife who is 5'9" (up to 6' or more with shoes). We crossed our legs with each other to get leg room. Can't do that with strangers.

I only wish they'd just provide adequate space and then charge everyone in a section the same amount, whatever was justified by cost of operating and a reasonable return. I hate that buying an airline ticket is like playing "Let's Make a Deal."

Ok. End of airline rant. I heard long ago in ancient times flying commercial planes was actually pleasant.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote