AARP or AMAC....opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
I personally could not sign on to AARP so I did some homework and decided on AMAC. I don't really have much use for it but if you going to belong to a retirement group it might as well be one you line up with.

https://amac.us

Last edited:
AARP efforts for the last 20 years for me to join have been unsuccessful. I roll my eyes (in my mind) when acquaintances speak excitedly about their joining.

My wife didn't like AARP's politics so she signed us up for AMAC. I can't say that either is much use.

AARP supported Obama care and is now making money hands over due to Obama care. The support was a slap and spit to its members as most wanted AARP to stay out of it and not support Obama care.

Is Obama Care working for you? My costs has doubled and my deductible has tripled. Choice for me is easy:

AMAC!

I've been a non-fan of AARP for many years, mainly because of the investments they offer at outrageous expenses.

I've found that you don't really gain anything by being a member. Their insurances are very expensive, their annuity products are just mediocre, etc

I've also found you do not have to be a member of AARP to get senior discounts at hotels/motels/restaurants, etc, so why join?

Back
Top Bottom