Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe... or........

M/F ~AXE

M-F /AXE

Last edited:
Art, maybe you should make it F-M Axe.:D

And, maybe not...

Although there is unspoken (old-world) etiquette still often followed regarding name placements... I feel strongly in this case that 1st rank credit should be given to the one where that credit is surely due! :popcorn:

Of course - It's all up to Matt and Flic... God bless em!! :thumb:

Ok so the Rivs have a logo and I reckon AXE should too. I'm thinking an F for Felicity and an M for Matt or including AXE. I'm not entirely sure so I'm throwing it out there to any arty folks that want to chuck up some ideas. The design will be cut CNC cut out of polished stainless steel and place on the exterior just like the Rivs

View attachment 42341
View attachment 42342
View attachment 42343

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Here is a chuck up.........:flowers:

Attachments

• Axe.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Axe.jpg
    Axe.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Maybe you need something that reflects the rebirth of the boat as a logo. I like the Phoenix with Axe wings as a logo and it certainly reflects the rebirth of the boat. I would likely want the the wording replaced with either your initials or M/V Axe.

Attachments

• Phoenix Axe Wings.jpg
    Phoenix Axe Wings.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 270
And, maybe not...

Although there is unspoken (old-world) etiquette still often followed regarding name placements... I feel strongly in this case that 1st rank credit should be given to the one where that credit is surely due! :popcorn:

Of course - It's all up to Matt and Flic... God bless em!! :thumb:

ROFLOL!!!

Art, you so completely and thoroughly missed the the reference mr moon was pointing out :) Shoot me a pm and I'll fill ya in ;)

Hint- a blue ribbon group was charged locally with finding an acronym for the county bus service. The winning one was SCAT, made perfectly logical sense so all signage, letterhead, paint jobs etc where changed. 3 months after they completed the change and started the PR campaign someone pointed out the obvious reference to animal feces.

PR ended that day and the name was switched to something less "crappy". :)

ROFLOL!!!

Art, you so completely and thoroughly missed the the reference mr moon was pointing out :) Shoot me a pm and I'll fill ya in ;)

Hint- a blue ribbon group was charged locally with finding an acronym for the county bus service. The winning one was SCAT, made perfectly logical sense so all signage, letterhead, paint jobs etc where changed. 3 months after they completed the change and started the PR campaign someone pointed out the obvious reference to animal feces.

PR ended that day and the name was switched to something less "crappy". :)

I figured with the age and "correctness" of Mr. Moon that "etiquette" may be his prime energy behind the hint... :lol: :facepalm:

I figured with the age and "correctness" of Mr. Moon that "etiquette" may be his prime energy behind the hint... :lol: :facepalm:

Art, you figured wrongly. (how's that for correctness?):D

lol

In all fairness Art I'm certain M-F AXE is exactly what went through Matt's mind more than once during this build. :D

lol

In all fairness Art I'm certain M-F AXE is exactly what went through Matt's mind more than once during this build. :D

Yep surely did lol especially when I hit my thumb with a hammer ... Mother F#&*er!!!

Finishing off the sanding of the Port side and starting the Stbd side

I've bought some new PPE and it's working great. The full face mask protects me from itchy fibreglass fibres that used to get between the half face mask and goggles that I used to use and the earmuffs have built in speakers that I listen to my iTunes music and block out the sander noise. Happy days!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644082.420869.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644095.100018.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644125.211281.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644148.620165.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644179.906570.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437644222.760138.jpg

I recommend Otis Redding. :thumb:

Greatly soothing music, helped me to laser focus during years of 3 to 5 day a week multi hour weight trainings in World Gym... many, many many moons ago! :D

Maybe Axe should have had an axe bow.

A line drawing of an axe bow w her name Axe within.

:thumb:Way to go Matt, not to forget your inspiration Flic:smitten:, Of course.
THANKS THANKS for updating the PPE. Safety first and always. I have been very happy to note all along that you are using your knoggin for protecting yourself. I see do-it-yourselfers frequently risking their health for projects large and small. Ignorance kills. "Live long and prosper!!"
I am completely enthralled with what you have created! Rock On.
Dave.

Greetings,
Mr. A. Although I Like Otis, for sanding and "bull" work it's GOTTA be R&R. In Mr. H's case, Oz rock I expect...AC/DC or maybe the Aztecs...

Greetings,
Mr. A. Although I Like Otis, for sanding and "bull" work it's GOTTA be R&R. In Mr. H's case, Oz rock I expect...AC/DC or maybe the Aztecs...

Jimmy H and Janise... ntm Mick and the RS can get things on a roll!

Greetings,

Country music for me mate. Dixie Chicks, the Highwaymen, Willie, Johnny Cash, Toby Keith, The Beach boys, Alan Jackson, the Bellamy Brothers, Cat Stevens, Kenny Chesney etc etc etc

Country music for me mate. Dixie Chicks, the Highwaymen, Willie, Johnny Cash, Toby Keith, The Beach boys, Alan Jackson, the Bellamy Brothers, Cat Stevens, Kenny Chesney etc etc etc

:thumb:I'm with you Hendo, if it's not country it's not music!

Cat Stevens and the Beach Boys country?

Here's one you may like. A long intro but a tribute to George Jones by Vince Gill and Patty Loveless. Really great.

A logo? Sounds like a call to HealHustler and his Photoshop machine!

Matt-you and Flic have more than repaid all of us by allowing us to be a small part of the resurrection of Axe. G'day, mate!

Cat Stevens and the Beach Boys country?

Ok Moonboots, I shall clarify. My taste in music is eclectic. Predominantly I favour Country genres over all else, however I do enjoy other bands that aren't country. They include but aren't limited to:

The beach boys
Cat Stevens
Dire Straights
ACDC
Guns and Roses
Heart
Janis Joplin
John fogerty
Stevie Nicks
Van Halen
Van Morrison

:)

:thumb:Way to go Matt, not to forget your inspiration Flic:smitten:, Of course.
THANKS THANKS for updating the PPE. Safety first and always. I have been very happy to note all along that you are using your knoggin for protecting yourself. I see do-it-yourselfers frequently risking their health for projects large and small. Ignorance kills. "Live long and prosper!!"
I am completely enthralled with what you have created! Rock On.
Dave.

Yeh safety is a big part of what I do mate. I'm the Western Australian Health and Safety State Manager of Port Operations. Dealing with wharfies and ships crew and big machinery keeps me busy.

Ok Moonboots, I shall clarify. My taste in music is eclectic. Predominantly I favour Country genres over all else, however I do enjoy other bands that aren't country. They include but aren't limited to:

The beach boys
Cat Stevens
Dire Straights
ACDC
Guns and Roses
Heart
Janis Joplin
John fogerty
Stevie Nicks
Van Halen
Van Morrison

:)

Sounds like we have similar tastes

Brian Johnson with ACDC has his boat on our dock at the Marina here

although I have to admit as I get older the screaming guitars I can not take much of that anymore

I like the materials you picked out

Yeh safety is a big part of what I do mate. I'm the Western Australian Health and Safety State Manager of Port Operations. Dealing with wharfies and ships crew and big machinery keeps me busy.

what brand mask is it the one I have fogs up way to fast

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom