Thanks for everything...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Maybe it's the rum, but I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone on this forum. I'm obviously a newb (as my kid would say) at this "bigger boating thang", and I don't know my one whistle from my two, but I can't think of a more helpful, patient forum than this one.

I mean, it doesn't matter what stupid question I ask-- I get a variety of very thoughtful answers from folks who have so much knowledge and are willing to take the time to share it.

So thanks to everyone, from the bottom of my bilge.

Now I'm off to attempt to cook a nice ribeye steak as I rock around in my unprotected anchorage.

(I'm learning)

The most fun for many that have been there ...done that...is passing along info or sharing the experience.

Some have been outside the lines drawn at marinas, yacht clubs and boating mags....so it is especially nice to pass along things that might help that you cant get locally...either at the dock, bar or mailbox.

So hang in there despite the internal squabbles and really look to those that have lots, and practical experience. No one has it all...but a few have the most.

Someday you may be in those ranks too and can enjoy the same.

Thanks. I really do appreciate it.

Just make sure you look me up when you pass through my area!! We can partake of some of that rum!! I'd love to check out your boat!!! Where are you going to keep your boat??? Matagorda? Port O?? Port A??? Have fun as that is a great trip. I have done it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Rockport is the plan for now.

You still surfing when you're not flying?

Rockport is the plan for now.

You still surfing when you're not flying?

Yessir....although the surf has not been great this year!!!

Better get yourself one of those electronic shark repellers for your board in that case John. They are definitely taking more interest in surfers lately. I bet even over there you got the footage of Mick Fanning being sampled by a great white - fortunately got the wrong sample - the leg rope - and let him off with a warning. But we have had several attacks near here just in the last few weeks. Sorry - hijack over...

I have to second the sentiment in the title.

I was searching for a week for some information on an odd piece of equipment I picked up. The seller failed open. The manufacturer was no help. The larger and more active Cruisers Forum didn't respond. Even Google turned up empty.

One post here, and within 12 hours I had TWO offers from members to send me the information I need.

Thanks!!!

Maybe it's the rum...

...It's definitely the rum!:rofl::rofl:

Just kidding.

I've found this place to be a wealth of knowledge, and a good bit of vicarious relief, being able to "get away" from the world on the backs of other peoples adventures:thumb:

Looking forward to that day myself, in I pray, not the too distant future.

Enjoy your voyage, and let's see some pic!:popcorn:

OD

Mushy Rum Talk

I agree this forum and the crew on it and moderating it have been so much help to me over the past couple years

I still have so much to learn and much of it I will learn right here

Better get yourself one of those electronic shark repellers for your board in that case John. They are definitely taking more interest in surfers lately. I bet even over there you got the footage of Mick Fanning being sampled by a great white - fortunately got the wrong sample - the leg rope - and let him off with a warning. But we have had several attacks near here just in the last few weeks. Sorry - hijack over...

I think it is all a matter of perspective!! This is what the shark had to say in an interview:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 81
Maybe it's the rum, but I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone on this forum. I'm obviously a newb (as my kid would say) at this "bigger boating thang", and I don't know my one whistle from my two, but I can't think of a more helpful, patient forum than this one.

I mean, it doesn't matter what stupid question I ask-- I get a variety of very thoughtful answers from folks who have so much knowledge and are willing to take the time to share it.

So thanks to everyone, from the bottom of my bilge.

(I'm learning)

A major part of any learning situation is the student. Their willingness and openness to learning, their effort to learn, their appreciation of their teachers. So, I think a huge commendation should go to you as an excellent student.

Back
Top Bottom