Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, so I rotated it upside down on my computer, let's see if that works:

OK, I quit!

edit: All set Larry M.

This one is upside down to me but next week flying south I can see if it is correct down under

#1977 looks like a pretty typical Med fishing boat hull.

newreply.php

In Center Harbor, Maine today. Pic 1 of 2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 220
Pic2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 184
:thumb:Dave: That's one of the few boats I'd admit is better looking than mine.:hide:

I recall that boat from Woodenboat a few years back. The owner, a well known boat builder from Maine (but not so well I remember his name right now) built it for himself based on a BC troller design.

Had some nice pictures of it out of the water.

I recall that boat from Woodenboat a few years back. The owner, a well known boat builder from Maine (but not so well I remember his name right now) built it for himself based on a BC troller design.

Had some nice pictures of it out of the water.

It's was built for, and is owned by, Bill Page who was a boat broker with Cannel, Paine and Page in Camden. He now has his own brokerage, Page Traditioal Boats.

Greetings,
Mr. g. Yes interesting bum treatment BUT it defeats the purpose of a canoe stern IMO. A following sea can just as readily break OVER that "fin" as under, drawing the stern down.

Interesting that they call it a widebody when it is an asymmetric and has a starboard walkway. I guess I'm not hooked on a feeling...

RT I fully agree.

May make sense for someone that just happens to have a old canoe stern FD boat that is overpowered and needs an extra knot real bad.
But to manufacture something like this is nuts. Why not just build a good SD hull for the speed and power at hand for whatever reason.

And re getting pooped I've always thought that about nearly all swim steps but I've not heard of it happening. Perhaps big handfulls of throttle at the right time can avoid it. Post 1984 shows a stern that would rise up to most any imaginable stern sea. A full stern to be sure.

Last edited:
The Menorquin brand takes the canoe stern/stern platform to a whole new level. Just think of all of that lost cockpit/storage space.

Attachments

• Menorquin.jpg
    Menorquin.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 650
The Menorquin brand takes the canoe stern/stern platform to a whole new level. Just think of all of that lost cockpit/storage space.

So true, and whenever I see a gorgeous round stern like that, I'm in total conflict about adding swim platforms. Below are two examples. One is an exquisite Antares that I swooned over while river and lake cruising in the old GDR (East Germany). The canvas was done right too.

Next is a stunning 60' or so Choy Lee that parks here in Longboat Key. No doubt, the swim platform is done very tastefully, but added function and convenience still tax a perfect behind.

Attachments

• day7Antaris.jpg
    day7Antaris.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 255
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Bill Page's boat Serianna also appears in post #300 of this very thread.....the interesting boats are repeating themselves......

Pretty sure this is a repeat as well. She was in last night. Greg Marshall design built in Port Alberni.

NS62.jpg

The Nimpkish II was here as well last night. Built on seiner lines for the RCAF in 1944, later modified to a cruising yacht with the extended deckhouse.

NimpkishII.jpg

She looks like she was a sister-ship
of Okisollo

Ted

Attachments

• DSC_4664.jpg
    DSC_4664.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 156
Bill Page's boat Serianna also appears in post #300 of this very thread.....the interesting boats are repeating themselves......

We are running out of interesting boats.

Design some more cool ones Tad!

We are running out of interesting boats.

Design some more cool ones Tad!

Don't get me started ;)

I want to design boats like this

006.jpg

Or maybe this.....

7723646562_62e212fd41_o.jpg

But folks are actually spending money on boats like this.....

Northernmarine90.jpg

I did do this recently though....72' x 16'6" commuter for an African owner, cold-molded wood, twin 450HP Cummins engines for 20 knts top and cruising at 17.

Com72rev05.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437786438.580601.jpg

I've never seen a red hulled Grand Banks before. That's mildly interesting.

I think #2 is a Scandinavian search and rescue vessel. The do come up for sale used (out of government service). The last I inquired they go for ~$250K. Twin engine, single var pitch prop, 22 metres long. I figured about 5000 mile range. The Admiral said no....

Example... http://www.djurgardsvarvet.se/en/component/pixvarvet/boat/active/rescue-vessels/ingrid-alexandra-975

I remember this as being one of inerest...

http://www.djurgardsvarvet.se/en/component/pixvarvet/boat/active/rescue-vessels/wilh-r-lundgren-6741

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom