View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #53
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Cruiser View Post
We're still trying to figure out where we want to go this year. I'am still wanting to return to Lake Michigan, the north channel and Lake Huron. There is also the desire to cruise the Tennessee River and the TennTom maybe even the gulf but I doubt I would go that far south. I've even thought that going up the Ohio River may be a interesting trip. I suspect what will happen is we'll leave the marina and decide then which direction to head. Maybe we'll see you somewhere along the way.
The Cumberland to at least Nashville sounds great. As to the Ohio, all the way to Pittsburgh sounds nice to me. It obviously can't be a winter cruise, but also, from what I've read, don't cruise it on weekends. Take them for sightseeing as I've seen pictures of crowds waiting for locks that were quite crowded.

That's part of the beauty of boating. There is always somewhere new to go on top of all the places we'd like to return.

As we use to dream of retirement, we'd never been to Fort Lauderdale to even dream about it. However, the Tennessee River was certainly in those dreams.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote