View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
RE: Tiny air leak

A Webasto is a diesel hot water boiler to provide heat.* Is sort of like a RV hot water heater.* The Webasto has its own internal pump.**The air leak was noticed*when the Webasto was serviced as it was making an odd noise, it was installed and about a week later the Webasto quite burning/firing as the filter was filled with air.* So I filled the filter up with diesel, fire right up and quite about a week later because the filter was filled with air again.* *I bought/changed the filter still had air in it, and I installed the in line clear so I could see the air.* So its not the filter.* *

Last night it would take 60+ seconds with no air then a surge of air for 1 to 2 seconds.* So last night I gooped up the fitting with Loc Tite red.* This morning I applied a coat of Pre Kote primer and this evening another coat over the Loc Tite. **The air leak is still there.*Tomorrow will put one more coat of Pre Kote.*

I am beginning to think the leak is in the pick up tube in the tank.* So plan B is to retro fit an old 1000 Racor filter that I have that has a big canister and every week or two fill it back up with fuel and/or* Plan C is to pressurize the line with the electric fuel pump used to prime the lines and polish the fuel.* If I slightly pressurize the lines the air leak goes away. The pump would be powered by the Webasto when it turns on the pump will be turned on.* However, before I jury rig it I would like to find the small air leak.******

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote