My Office View

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My office is floating. It is a wooden building built on a steel barge, 30 feet wide and 80 feet long, that was built by the boat yard employees. The barge was designed by our full time in-house naval architect and built in our Grand Bahamas shipyard (at 50 acres they have more room for barge building) then towed to Florida by our towing company.
With all the boats around I don't see that much water but I do have a water view from my desk.

Attachments

• Bradford 001.jpg
    Bradford 001.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 132
  • TSG floating office window view web.jpg
    TSG floating office window view web.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 114
Mine

Until November 2015 this is what I see 12 hrs/day 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Monitoring confidential room with no windows

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 115
Until November 2015 this is what I see 12 hrs/day 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Monitoring confidential room with no windows

The real question is can any of those computers run solitaire??

The real question is can any of those computers run solitaire??

Midnight Sunitaire is more fun, and requires strategy to win. It's an old card game I used to play fifty years ago. It's more fun on the computer and the wind won't blow the cards of the dinette.

I am in the basement......

Attachments

• office-space.jpg
    office-space.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 119
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436648893.791540.jpg

One of the perks of the job, and the long climb up to the pilothouse.

Those poor other boats must be feeling pretty insecure right now.

Say No More! :thumb: :D

Attachments

• TO - Transom in Tules 100_0432.jpg
    TO - Transom in Tules 100_0432.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 98
  • The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    The Office Name_100_1656.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 96
Looks like you may be headed our way? NE Harbor on your route?

Please don't wake us with that monster as you go by!

And to the left:

I am looking forward to seeing that view someday from my office also this last year has just been the waters around Sarasota Bay and Venice

Raining day at the office today. But still a pretty town view.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 95
Office view ain't bad today.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437264916.264942.jpg

OK, anybody know how to fix this sideways picture thing? Sometimes it does it and sometimes not.

Maybe the steaks are better now than just because they are "BIG".....now that the neighborhood attracts international not just county -wide chefs....:thumb:

Oh my....we were so disappointed in the steaks. They had been built up so. They were big. But they were just average steaks cooked average, nothing at all special.

Oh my....we were so disappointed in the steaks. They had been built up so. They were big. But they were just average steaks cooked average, nothing at all special.

Yeah, other than the size I've never understood what people saw in them. I guess for some it just beats cooking another meal on board after a long day running the ICW.

But I do like sticking a boat T shirt up on the wall and seeing it there years later.
Now some other boat crews and I sign and date each other's shirts as we see them along the way cruising around. Kind of like an on going message board thst we can check into once and a while.

I think Capt. Bill got sideways last night. Maybe a gravity storm?:D

OK, anybody know how to fix this sideways picture thing? Sometimes it does it and sometimes not.

All of yours in this page of the thread have been sideways, Bill. I fixed the first 3 but got tired and have been taking a break. Try saving the uploaded pics to a temp file on your computer, rotating them 90 degrees clockwise, save file change then reloading. That's what I've been doing with them.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll try it. Funny thing is those pictures were taken with the phone in the vertical position. They shouldn't need rotating I would have thought.

Your welcome...........:thumb:
I always view first on my computer, fix and upload from it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom