View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #20
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
We arrived around noon to the beautiful St. Jorge Winery, reminiscent of a Tuscan Winery. We were met by our hosts Vern and Jenise Vierra and invited in for some wine tasting of Vern's excellent wines. My favorites were the Tempranillo and the Old Vine Zinfandel. All were pleasant on the palate, but somehow I missed the Syrah. Guess I'll have to go back at a later date.

We were joined by local dignitaries CA Assemblyman Rusty Areias and Bay and Delta Yachtsman Assistant Editor, Writer and CA Delta Watchdog Bill Wells and his lovely wife, Sue. Both Rusty and Bill are owners of Stephens Yachts and members of the Classic Yacht Association. We enjoyed a delicious tri-tip lunch while discussing Stephens boats.

After lunch we were led to the piece de resistance floating in Vern's front yard, right next to the vineyard, a 1931 43 Stephens cruiser.

Vern has taken ownership of this vessel to restore it as close as feasible to its original, as-delivered condition. To preserve its replanked hull, he dug a hole in his front yard to float it while it gets restored. Soon the restoration starts. It will be fascinating to follow its progress.

Hopefully some of the other TFers in attendance got some better pics of the day to add.

Thanks to Vern and Jenise Vierra for a wonderful afternoon of wine and boats at St. Jorge Winery.
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote