So... What are you drinking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tofino kelp stout. Yep, with real kelp in it. Surprisingly good.

Merry Christmas Trawler Forum!

I'll be back soon!

ForumRunner_20141224_173609.jpg

Really? I'm pretty adventurous in food and drinks, but...eew.

Presently, $2.49 (750 mm) Shiraz, and I'm not disappointed. Much better than 7 Euro (over $9.00) for a bottle domestic Italian wine in Italy. (Talking grocery prices here.)

This evening I'm enjoying a couple of fingers of Johnny Walker platinum. Not enough o's in smooth to describe it.

"White Christmas" martini. Amaretto, vanilla vodka, half and half, shaken vigorously, chilled glass, garnish with two maraschino cherries on a small peppermint stick, a couple drops of maraschino cherry juice, and a faint dusting of fresh ground nutmeg.

Last edited:
The Bellingham brewery, is Boundary Bay, and they have some great choices. A beer with a Great name, is POLYGAMY PORTER, out of Utah. Their motto on the bottle is, You can't just have one. I have a bottle of Redbreast 15 yr old, Irish whiskey under the tree, calling my name. Merry Christmas all.

My favorite is Pabst Blue ribbon beer and occasionally for good health a Guinness Stout.
I have sampled Dormunder in Germany,Peroni in Italy, Kronenburg in France UGH, Tiger beer in Hong Kong and Hatuey the one eyed Indian beer in Cuba but still always come back to PBR.
Different strokes for different folks, that what makes it fun.
PS
Almost forgot about Moose Drool in Montana

Attachments

• IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 79
I haven't met many IPAs that I didn't like. I like going with the local brew wherever I am. Saranac is the local brew at home, and generally what's in my fridge. Or a nice burbon.

Ketel 1 on the rocks, 2 blue cheese stuffed olives.
If it's beer: Sam Adams lager, or Yuengling lager if available, Amstel light.
Wine: Chardonnay

Since it is rather cold today, at least for this area, I am having a couple of fingers of The Balvenie Doublewood 12-year old scotch, neat, of course.

With dinner, I have a Louis Latour 2000 Grande Cru Batard Montrachet chilled and waiting.

At midnight, I plan to toast with a Delamotte Brut De Mesnil Champagne. A wonderful 'mesnil for the masses'.

Tomorrow, back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and MD 20/20 for the rest of the year because that is all I will be able to afford. :dance:

Mimosa's this morning and now it's Kirk and Sweeney rum while we're cooking black eye peas,cornbread and cabbage . The rum was a gift from my brother n law .Happy New Year everyone at the TF .

Right now Grand Marnier on the rocks, last night...Capt. Morgans' dark spiced rum with Coke. At midnight eggnog with Evan Williams.

My Grandfather used to keep a tumbler upside down on a barrel by the windmill. "When God wants me to drink water then he shall fill it" was his explanation. I always suspected Grandma agreed.

Heineken Light for every day beer, or whatever anyone brings. I enjoy the Sam Adams Seasonals.
For the harder stuff, Martini with a twist with Hendricks gin or a Manhattan with Woodford Reserve Bourbon or a Single Malt on the rocks, Glennfidich

Elsinore.

As far as I can tell there aren't any mind control drugs in it. Nor have I yet found a mouse in a bottle.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150715_163841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150715_163841.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1437005918.634669.jpg

Cheap box wine on the rocks, in a beer glass.

Nuff said!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Works, but I'm chomping at the bit to get back on the boat. Leave in a few days and won't be back for over a month. Then count the days till next trip.

Happy Birthday, Chief! I knocked back a couple of Founder's All Day IPA's a little while ago. First beer in over a month. Tasted pretty good.

The good stuff always last the longest. That bottle was when I turned 60, last November. And to all my fellow worldly travelers, the days go by faster and faster, so go out there and enjoy the things you have worked so hard for. I know I will!

Corona :hide:
been drinking it long before the trendy commercials

A creamy and delicious Saranac Root Beer, cuz I'm a total party aminal.

Back
Top Bottom