Northern Lights 0753K 8KW Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
I just purchased a 2002 Nordic Tug 37 that has a Northern Lights 8KW generator model number 0753K. The operators manual does not list a pencil zinc, but the maintenance log shows that one was changed out.
Need advice on zinc and any other helpful information on maintaining this unit. It has 1000 hours run time. No leaks. Starts up great. Just want to keep it in great shape. Appreciate any and all insight.

There aren't any pencil zincs on it because the tube set is isolated by rubber boots in the cooling block.

We have the Northern Lights 8Kw M753G and have never changed or installed a zinc. I hope I haven't missed one.

For piece of mind I'd call NL in Seattle. If you do, let us know what you find out. 206.789.3880 The customer service manager as per their web site is Scott Dyball.

No zinc on 753. There is a zinc port on exhaust manifold, but it goes into coolant side, not sea water side. If someone put a zinc there, it would do nothing.

Hey thanks for the feed back. Like SKI IN NC said, if the PO put in a zinc it must have been on the exhaust side. I will take a look at that. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom