Clearwater to Carabelle, then Panama City or Pensacola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't you funny Larry.

No problem with rocking and rolling. I heard it was one of Cardude's favorite things to do on trip to Key West!:hide:

Larry you are such a gator. Uh, instigator that is.:D

Damn Don-I knew I needed to move back down your way-up here in the PNW, the women come wrapped in about 4 layers of fleece!

Damn Don-I knew I needed to move back down your way-up here in the PNW, the women come wrapped in about 4 layers of fleece!

Don't go on Miami Beach until your doctor has checked your heart.:D

Last edited:
Cardude, how are you doing on your journey? Where are you at these days?

Boat is still Palmetto Fl.

I'm schedule to fly up this Friday the 17th and do the crossing to Carabelle the 18th or 19th or 20th depending on the weather.

Hope to be in Nola by the 24th.

Then maybe another 6 days to get to Rockport.

Love that place. Definitely want to go back. Has been 10 years.

I would actually rather dock after crossing at Apalachacola. More to do. Is that like another 25 miles from the St George Sound inlet?

Is that inlet pretty strait forward? Trying to time it so I hit it around noonish.

East Pass is pretty straight forward and very deep. There is a shoal on the Dog Island side that sticks out pretty far, but if you don't hug the beach before your turn into the pass you will be just fine.

Boss oyster is the best known spot in Apalach, and it is good, but try out Hole in The Wall, it's not as touristy and has just as good if not better food.

Sauls creek is very nice, though it may very well be buggy this time of year. There is not a lot of swing room but it is plenty deep.

Carrabelle is a great little twon as well, stay at C-Quarters. It is not so well known as Apalach, but is more of a locals place. The Fisherman's Wife has great seafood and Fathoms usually has a good band playing.

If for some reason you end up outside, in the gulf, west of panama city but east of destin, and are thinking to sneak back in at destin be careful if there are rollers on an outgoing tide. that pass will stand up 4 foot swells to 8 to 12 footers fast. At that point you might want to just keep going to pensacola pass. Also, if the weather is nice, hang that left out of the ditch just past white city, and take that ditch out to port st joe, then punch out there, and go direct to Pensacola. If you need provisions at that point, there is a piggly wiggly two blocks from the port st joe marina. If weather does not look good after you roll out to the gulf at port st joe, then punch back in at panama city. There is a good overnight location just inside pensacola pass, its called fort mccray by us locals, but shows on google maps as robertson island. The north cut is the ICW, but the south is no longer a solid cut, so it gets filled up with weekend boats. Good deep protected water.

Ok. Thanks for the details!

Job number one after crossing will be to load up on oysters and cold beer at Apalachacola After that I may need some gentle ICW time.

Back
Top Bottom