Questions about Ocean Breeze A/C systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Jon

Guru
Vessel Name
Waypoint
Vessel Make
Californian 48' CPMY
Last night our old Marine Airrrrrrr unit died. Started looking at several different brands and came across Ocean Breeze. So my question is anyone know much about them? Used them and their equipment? If so what do you think about them? Are they noisy?

Bouncing between one of their units or going back with Marine Airrrrrr. These are the two companies which seem to have units that will fit the space we have. Marine Airrrrr Vector Turbos seem to brag about how quiet they are. Ocean Breeze price seems almost too good.

Thanks.

The unit I like is flagship marine. They use a metering valve instead of capillaries and all of their control is with standard electric components, no expensive electronics. The heat is a coil and not reverse cycle so you don't have to run a compressor in the winter. I'm pretty sure that ocean breeze is a lot like Flagship marine. Anyway good luck.

Last night our old Marine Airrrrrrr unit died.

When you say "Died" do you mean compressor fauilure, or just not turning on?
My 25 yr old Mermaid died too, but a new $150 squirrel cage blower got her working as good as new. A $50 Lowes Honeywell thermostat helped as well. Now working great! I'd diagnose further before you spend the $1500-2000 for a new unit..AC systems are basically pretty simple unless you have a catastrophic compressor failure..

Squirrel cage fix:
http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cape-dory-28-trawler/ac-motor-fix/

Last edited:
No, it runs but the compressor has the death rattle. It's like one of those old belt vibrator from the 60's you stood in and became all shook up trying to loose weight. :blush:

I have Ocean Breeze units and would never use anything else again. Solid and American made (I went to the factory) No circuit boards only home unit relays and uses a regular t-stat like from Home Depot.

Stainless and copper, they are in many .gov and military units. When I was there they were making A/C for the desert to use in Army buildings.

You will be pleased with them, I put them in myself over a weekend (replaced two overpriced pieces of crap).

I have Ocean Breeze units and would never use anything else again. Solid and American made (I went to the factory) No circuit boards only home unit relays and uses a regular t-stat like from Home Depot.

Stainless and copper, they are in many .gov and military units. When I was there they were making A/C for the desert to use in Army buildings.

You will be pleased with them, I put them in myself over a weekend (replaced two overpriced pieces of crap).

can you get soft start with them ? they sound great

I had an ocean breeze fully contained 18K (I think) on my old boat, it was working great when I sold the boat to John Nall, who frequents the forum, you might ask him how it is doing.

I had a compressor fail about a year after I bought the unit, they replaced the entire unit no questions asked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom