View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #26
cmgreeniv
Veteran Member

City: Gulf Breeze
Vessel Name: Branch Office
Vessel Model: Chung Hwa Mystic 46
If your just bow anchoring and swinging, with a 10/1 scope, you might work with a 37. Personally, i use a 55 on my 46 Chung hwa, looks alot like yours. I can get away with 60 feet chain, in 12 feet water, with the stern anchored as well in about a 30 mph broadside blow so far. Chain was bar tight directly to the anchor. Fortress fx55 was buried about 5 inches below surface, only dragged into the ground about 2 feet. the wind averaged about 18 all day, and sustained 26-30 for about an hour. Pretty packed Sand bottom at Fort Mccray in pensacola. No wave action, just wind. I normally go for about 100 feet of chain, to my FX55 off the bow in 12 to 14 feet of water, then have dual fx 55s off the stern, no chain, just anchors. They sit about 15 feet behind the boat, off each corner. I could get away with one, with chain, up in the weeds, but I dont like making people walk over my anchor line all day as they walk the beach, so go with the shorter option but have to use two anchors. My bow mounted 55 is on a set of rollers, which deploys just fine. Ill throw a pic up here if you want one.
cmgreeniv is offline   Reply With Quote