Bbq etiquette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steven Wright also said that his home was burglarized and everything he owned was taken and replaced with exact replicas.

There was a lady recently said someone had been inside her home and wanted him arrested. Nothing missing but she knew he'd been there because the tv wasn't on Fox News and that's where she always kept it.

Now you're talking about my mother in law. The next door neighbor sneaks in at night and steals her underwear. It always reappears miraculously which just proves that he snuck back in and returned it. :facepalm: Sorry, that is a bit off-topic.

I was bbqing a bunch of fresh spot prawns on my boat last weekend, gave a big plate of em to the new slip owners next door, never heard a peep from them about the smoke afterwards.

I was bbqing a bunch of fresh spot prawns on my boat last weekend, gave a big plate of em to the new slip owners next door, never heard a peep from them about the smoke afterwards.

Oh Yea

We went to Wells Bay shrimping a few weeks ago and slayed them!

Had a GREAT time!

We were east of you and killed them too. Nothing better!

We were east of you and killed them too. Nothing better!

I was very suprised so few people. We shared the whole bay with one other shrimper for three days. I guess its a long ways from anything.

First time anchoring in Wells Anchorage. If you've never been there, it's great in a skiff with all the tiny islands.

Wells, Long, and Cedar bay are all great bays. Long has several uncharted rocks that can be sketchy, but all are beautiful. Wells is not bad halibut fishing either.

Beer batter "butt" and garlic and butter smothered shrimp with an adult beverage.....Heaven on Earth!

Beer batter "butt" and garlic and butter smothered shrimp with an adult beverage.....Heaven on Earth!

We just had Link Cod, Rock Fish, Halibut, and Shrimp, all cedar plank BBQ'd

All fresh, never frozen! A cullinary delight!

Cedar planked bacon wrapped scallops.

img_348585_0_36b40e667b8eb30fcbcc3beccee30e62.jpg

Damn! Are y'all doing that fancy "cedar planking" on the boat???

We do!

We also cool our boiled shrimp with glacier ice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 49
Glacier ice! We have that!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436840578.348240.jpg

?

Glacier ice! We have that!

?

Glacier ice is kinda nifty...

You see a piece of ice and you motor up to it...

Then you see that it's the size of a car. :)

Then you see a really really little piece of it :eek:

You motor up to it, with the admiral in the cockpit with the salmon net.

She nets it, and you come running.

You pull it on to the swim platform with a struggle...

And you realize it's bigger than one of those gigantic coolers. :banghead:

So you beat the heck out of it with your trusty fish thumper.

After getting a couple small pieces to break off the admrial shows up with the hammer from your tool bag.

After a while of beating on this huge block of ice, you finally have usable pieces you can lift into your actual gigantic cooler to keep your fish cold. :D

All this talk of food is making me hungry , when I bbq I have to have a cold beer to go withit , never had a complaint about that either

After getting a couple small pieces to break off the admrial shows up with the hammer from your tool bag.

After a while of beating on this huge block of ice, you finally have usable pieces you can lift into your actual gigantic cooler to keep your fish cold. :D

That's actually really cool.

See what I did there? ?

You can get glacier ice from a floatplane, too. This is us getting ice for the cooler from the Le Conte glacier in SE Alaska on one of our first trips to the area in the floatplane.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436848519.927579.jpg

Great way to keep your fish and shrimp cool. Glacier ice keeps a lot longer too. I also like how it keeps a cocktail cool and refreshing.
What I don't like is those low profile black colored ones that is hard to see in the chop.

Yep and that ice lasts a long long time in the cooler. It also fizzes when you add some to an adult drink. I call it very old dinosaur farts!:thumb:

Damn! Are y'all doing that fancy "cedar planking" on the boat???

We did cedar plak chicken breasts last weekend. We keep the plank in the cooler water over night so that it doesn't burn up on the grill. Mmmm, tasty . . .

Perla holding a glass of glacier water. Tasted good.

Very nice Mark and Perla, looks like you were having a good time.

Sea-Duction, it does pop a bit but after a couple of libations, the novelty seems to fade!��

Very nice Mark and Perla, looks like you were having a good time.

Sea-Duction, it does pop a bit but after a couple of libations, the novelty seems to fade!��

LOL That is true.... We would get our dinosaur ice from Blackstone Bay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom