Put up the blinds ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
Installed the blinds this week-end, before and after photos...with a San Diego sunset thrown in...

Attachments

• Selene 009 (1280x960).jpg
    Selene 009 (1280x960).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Selene 008 (1280x960).jpg
    Selene 008 (1280x960).jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Selene 007 (1280x960).jpg
    Selene 007 (1280x960).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Selene 006 (1280x960).jpg
    Selene 006 (1280x960).jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Selene 010 (1280x960).jpg
    Selene 010 (1280x960).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 247
Very nice. Where did you buy them and what brand, if you don't mind?

Very nice!

We have mini blinds on the windows in our salon but I like the looks of yours better.

Thanks for the pics.

Installed the blinds this week-end, before and after photos...with a San Diego sunset thrown in...
Those are Hunter-Douglas Duettes aren't they, Ralph? :blush:

I have the same ones in my bedroom at home. I like 'em a lot.

Look for them on BLINDSTER.COM under "cellular shades." Easy to put up and they supply more than enough mounting brackets. After you put the mounting brackets where you want them, the blinds just "snap" into position. These are the mounting brackets:

Attachments

• Brackes 001 (1280x960).jpg
    Brackes 001 (1280x960).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 92
We have similar blinds on our boat. What are you going to do to prevent them from moving around in the down position (ie so they are not banging against the window when the boat rolls). Our boat had velcro at one time, but I hated how it looked. Still trying to come up with a better option.

In our Newell we had Villa cellular blinds. Light filtering in the living area (salon) and darkening in the bedroom. Loved them, really kept the heat out.
Ours had a leather wrapped valence around the window so the blinds were between that and the window and kept them from moving around. Maybe you could add valences? Really upgrades the windows.

We installed these in our Carver. Loved them for a year or two. then the spiders moved into the cells. Great condo setup for them. Installed Velcro on the lower blind and the window frame to keep them in place when lowered. Gave a very nice look inside and out. Good luck, place a small NO VACANCY sign near to discourage spider influx.
They look great. Thanks for the sunset!

We have teak valances that keep them in place when open. It is when they are closed and we are rocking at anchor that the bottom portion swings around.

A neighboring boat got their "hold downs" from Camping World. Gonna give them a shot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom