View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
Larry M
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleboatguy View Post
...I emailed the broker about the hull, and the broker replied "Moisture readings are high". I am curious why you would not walk away from a boat like this. I know little about sandwich construction hulls, but I would think high moisture readings on a composite construction hull would be a show stopper...
Unless the hull has delamination issues in the core between the 2 skins. It is repairable. Not cheap but not a structural issue IMHO. PVC does not rot like balsa core. There are probably more issues with this boat than the moist core or it wouldn't be listed for $89K. The brokers listing says 2 Al water tanks 50 gallons. When the boat was built, she was suppose to have 300 plus gallon fresh water capacity in 2 integral fiberglass tanks according a 1976 copy of the construction drawings. What happened to those two tanks? Also look at the wiring in the engine room? The boat deck has been replaced. How was it done? I'm not saying the boat isn't worth $89K to someone but if you're looking for a drive a way boat I'm not sure this is it.

The boat looks like it's MD and your in VA, why not go take a look. It could be a diamond in the rough.

I do like the brokers statement about the twin engines though, "Spares are good when cruising why not a spare motor!"
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote