Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome vessel indeed! Unapologetic ground tackle. I'd salute that boat as it went by.

That's a long cruise back from Turkey Oliver.

It even has a gas tank for fueling the tender, and the boat deck has chocks for a Boston whaler tender. It is a packed mini-ship for sure.

It even has a gas tank for fueling the tender, and the boat deck has chocks for a Boston whaler tender. It is a packed mini-ship for sure.

Bigger Nordhavn's have that too, the 72 I went on had a 90 gallon tank with a nozzle hose and all.

I didn't like the gate valves, but they meet ABYC codes. I think the two directors chairs put off a lot of people but it's built like a tank and has really low hours for its age. The tender gas system has a small transfer pump and nozzle so all you need to do is pull up the tender to the swim platform and refuel. I'm tall and it had a few head knockers for me, but all in all, it was over built with just about everything you could want on a cruiser / liveaboard boat.

Let's gather up 10 offshore wannabes like myself to pitch in $18000 each for the Seaton, then we can each take our big offshore cruises, get our asses handed to us, pass it to the next member, then do it all over again when out time rolls around after we have forgotten how rough it was.

Of course we will need a monthly maintenance fee for repairs and updates-- $1000 each should do it. ?

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436216151.218214.jpg
... I'm in.

I love those salty Vripack designs. Some of my favorite 'if I won the lottery 8 or 9 times, I'd totally buy this boat' daydreams involve Vripacks.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436216313.249234.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1436216325.557146.jpg

I don't know what it might cost to maintain such a vessel, but I guess if I were really rich, that's the kind of cruising I might enjoy.

Totally! That one you pictured is Zeeapard. We saw him a bunch of times this last trip we did to the Bahamas. What a beautiful boat!

Fun fact, Zeepaard was formerly known as Axantha. The second pic is of Axantha II, which is just a bigger, fancier version of Zeepaard

Fun fact, Zeepaard was formerly known as Axantha. The second pic is of Axantha II, which is just a bigger, fancier version of Zeepaard

Oh ok, cool. What should I name mine when I put in an order for one?:rofl:

A 1940 oyster lugger that prowls Lake Ponchartrain. The pictures don't do it justice.

They cerainly didn't. Second try.

Attachments

• IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0291.jpg
    IMAG0291.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 103
Here's one off Google images that I couldn't resist. No PhotoShop on my part, mid engined, heal-keel. Interesting but probably be dangerous to park this around Oliver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
"Interesting boats" are getting more interesting, so here is a famous Sydney ferry, now "operating" as a restaurant and function center in Darling Harbour Sydney.
The "South Steyne" was built in 1938 at Leith in Scotland, is 224 ft long, and has steam engines built by Harland & Woolf in Belfast Ireland. She steamed to Australia via the Suez canal. During operational days as a ferry she ran between Sydney and Manly inside the harbour, but did offshore day trips to Broken Bay, and to follow the Sydney Hobart race fleet.
She was recently offered for sale, I`m unaware if she sold, like many boating enthusiasts I would like to see her operating as she was intended, rather than a static exhibit.

boat-2.jpg

Thanks for posting the images of SS South Steyne harbor 950. She is a captivating boat for a ferry. I forgot to mention the large open ER viewing area on the main deck, to see the engines at work. Originally coal fired, later converted to burn oil. This and other Manly ferries cross the Sydney Heads which open to the Pacific Ocean, they had to be seaworthy., and they were.
She features in a book "Manly Ferries of Sydney Harbour" by Tom Mead. I have a autographed copy. She was in her livery for the delivery voyage, Manly ferries have an identifiable look, there was some amazement from ships and passengers seeing a Manly ferry transiting the Suez Canal.

That does seem a bit low, now that you mention it.

Am I mistaken - or is that price of $700K+ a pretty low price for a 69 foot boat in that shape and condition from VriPack?

It doesn't say anything about who the manufacturer was - makes me think that it wasn't a name brand, or in a western european country...

4334194_20130409034527528_1_XLARGE.jpg

The kicker is "tax not paid".

I was wondering if the little bow thruster would actually move the boat.

Noah's trawler? (anchored off Benicia on July 5, 2015)

Last edited:
That's what I call high freeboard or high gunwales...

Or the ultimate widebody?

They take their privacy / security seriously, but still put the pilot house out in the open.

Strange!

Am I mistaken - or is that price of $700K+ a pretty low price for a 69 foot boat in that shape and condition from VriPack?

It doesn't say anything about who the manufacturer was - makes me think that it wasn't a name brand, or in a western european country...

Build in Poland at http://www.aluship.com/ shipyard as MY "Andros"

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 135

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom