So...Where do you dock?...>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that why lots of crime drama movies are based in WA / Seattle?

Bones, I think many of the "Seattle" based dramas are actually produced in and around Vancouver BC, with just enough shots of the Public Market to make you believe you're in Seattle.

I think BC has lower labor costs, tax breaks, etc that attract the film industry.

Pender Harbour Resort and Marina. Great owner, great maintenance, docks are good, heated pool, hall with pool table and kitchen, showers, biffies, fire pit, workshop, cottages and RV spots. Great gang of owners too. Small and cosy, maybe 50 boats (I really should count them).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
For Oliver and Dave,
Some pics from past boat shows at LaConner WA.

Attachments

• DSCF0702 copy.jpg
    DSCF0702 copy.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0701 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0701 copy 2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF1578 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1578 copy 2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF1568 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1568 copy 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF1565 copy.jpg
    DSCF1565 copy.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0703 copy.jpg
    DSCF0703 copy.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 103
When I were a wee lad, there was a small handful of wooden boats in our marina. They were largely crap, only holding onto life for as long as their bilge pumps and float switches would allow. In fact, wooden boats aren't even allowed there anymore. The marina owners ended up getting stuck with them too often, I guess. You can't take 'em round the bend and burn 'em like the good ol' days, anymore!

I guess I learned to dismiss wooden boats as old junk. Lately though, I think I might be turning into a wooden boat guy... Those pics make my pants fit funny.

I think I want one.

Thanks for posting Eric!

Pender Harbour Resort and Marina....

Oh, we loved that marina and resort when we were there last year. It was just magical. One of those perfect, perfect spots. The online reviews were very mixed, but for us the place was five stars. I just loved the cliffs, the resort with that curved woodwork in the ceilings, that staircase, the waterfall (okay, even if it was artificial). The pool and shower facilities were great. We stayed in the warm pool on a very cold night for hours with other transient boaters from the marina and had so much fun - and I almost never do swimming pools. I still remember the drinks and what we ordered for dinner, outside on the patio during sunset. Love that place. Morning coffee on the coffee shop balcony...okay, I'll shut up now.

Been through Pender many times mostly w the Albin. I hated it when they went w the phone border agent gig. When I first went there they had real people. Always thought about anchoring there but always wanted to move on. On the way south from AK we spent the night at the marina in Browns Bay though.

Fun thread! With 15 years in the Pacific Northwest, the Great Loop, and now "commuting" between the Bahamas and the Chesapeake, I have visited many of these marinas. Washington NC is a favorite! Thanks all for the trip down memory lane.
Arch

Heron, that's a nice writeup and recommendation for the Little Washington waterfront. We're across the river, Cypress Landing Marina on Chocowinity Bay. The one thing neither of us have is a convenient fuel dock. Are there any plans to add fuel service there?

Ah! Part of the Chocowinity Navy! You guys are over in Washington Frequently! I've met a bunch of you. I'm moored right next to the Jeanie B.
I understand Moss landing has a big Marina project underway with fuel docks etc. Dunno if or when that will ever happen...

Vallejo, CA - right behind the USCG Station Vallejo.

Attachments

• FW Slip.jpg
    FW Slip.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom