View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
djones44

City: Port Moody
Vessel Name: Twilight1
Vessel Model: Permaglass Sedan
Turning Classic Yachts into Beach Cottages

I have this nagging mania that repeats itself, and goes like this wherein I:

1) Buy an old raised deck cruiser like this one -any old wooden gin palace.

1918 Bridgedeck Cruiser
2) Cruise the hell out of it like a feckless rake from the 20's until:
3) The mechanic tells me there's no compression and the stringers are just paint.
4) With a barely detectable smile, I disclose my hand and notify Nickels house moving, having purchased a sub-$100k lot on Ruxton, high bank bare waterfront lot with other boaters, and soon:
5) I have the old girl laid up on blocks somewhere above high tide, pointed confidently seaward. I cover her nudity with a carport roof of solar panels, and while the Nickels hoe is there, he clears me a little septic area and scrapes me something for a pad, leaves me my cement and materials.

In 2009 I wrote a book that foresees Justin Trudeau supporting this as the PM, in 2017 ;-) except he had homeless kids and druggies building cabins along our coasts. For god's sake support him if you love our coasts.

The prospect is that us cajuns could revisit Marin's 1900's era everywhere along our coasts and lakes, recoup the grounds and repopulate them. You'd slide by our boneyards and see a history of NW yachting, wood smoke rising quietly above the rain-catching, solar heavens beneath them. Grandchildren everywhere like ants.
djones44 is offline   Reply With Quote