Has anyone used a Robship hook and moor boathook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stubones99

Guru
I saw this and even watched the video.

Hook & Moor

It looks like a vegas magic show and if it works looks like a good idea.

Has anyone had hands on time with it? does it work, and keep working?

I have one and as long as the cleat is large enough it works just like the video.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I have one. Works great! It replaced a "Grab-n-Go". The GnG works well but I like being able to depart the mooring by releasing one end of the line from the boat cleat and pulling the line through the dock or mooring buoy. Simple. Better than the Happy Hooker system.

These things are becoming very common. As everyone above said,

Works well. We use 3/4" lines to attach to mooring balls. With the Robship hook I use a 1/2" feeder line and then either pull a 3/4" line through or bring the boat close to the ball and then feed a 3/4" line. 25+ feet of 3/4" line is a lot of weight to extend out on a pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had one and it fell apart. Never worked correctly. Maybe ours was THE one that was defective.

Have had one for 18 months and love it

It's got a telescopic mechanism that activates the grabber and allows the pole to extend. Dswizzler and I had a tug of war to release his after someone borrowed the pole and failed to rinse it with fresh water before stowage. Nothing a little rinse and lube wouldn't prevent.

They seem very solid, simple to operate and reliable. I plan to eventually replace my cheap, plastic Happy Hooker with a Robship pole.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom